on 25 September 2011
These are easy to fix to the wheels although I have put 3 extra screws each side, without the extra support the covers did slip from side to side on the wheels when wet
on 2 February 2011
Item arrived within a week - caught in Christmas post - but was easily fitted
and is working well, but there is some side-to-side movement of the covers
when in operation and I do wonder whether 3 pairs of screw fittings per wheel
will prove adequate as time progresses. However, I am complying with hedghog
wheel requirement recently introduced by Clevedon Golf Club.
on 17 March 2012
Hoppa wheel protectors are supplied in 10" and 12" wheel sizes. My golf trolley wheels are 11" diameter so I was not sure that they would fit. But the product description for the 10" covers said that they were suitable for 9-11" diameter wheels so I went ahead and bought a set. My first reaction on receipt was that there was no way that I could get them on my wheels. However after a little thought I did manage to get them on and without too much difficulty. The fit on the 11" wheels is naturally snug and I have not used the three retaining clips - I will decide with experience if I need to retro fit them.

Fitting method: you need three tyre levers, typically ones used for motor bike tyres. I didn't have any and instead used a short crow bar ('wrecking bar') and two substantial screwdrivers. Place the trolley wheel on the ground (mine are detachable from the trolley), loop the cover on the bottom part of the wheel and anchor it in place with your feet. Insert a tyre lever at the far side of the cover and stretch it to match the wheel diameter or a little more (this is where I used the crowbar). Slide the cover down the tyre lever so that it is touching the wheel or as near to it as possible. Use the second tyre lever/screwdriver to stretch the left hand side of the cover to match the wheel diameter. Work the cover onto the left side of the rim as far as you can. While keeping a grip on the two tyre levers, insert the third tyre lever on the right side and stretch the cover towards the rim (you can actually do this with only two hands). Work the cover onto the rim. By this time it should be possible to work the whole cover onto the wheel. I did one wheel dry and the second wheel using soapy water. Both methods worked fine. The Hoppa covers seem well made and at no time did I feel that I was about to tear them.

I am very satisfied with the end result.
on 17 March 2013
If you are putting these on electric trolley wheels you will need to put them in hot water otherwise you will need Geoff Capes to help you!
on 17 December 2011
When I got these wheel covers I was a bit concerned that they were held in place by screws into the tyres. However I went ahead and fitted them which was easy with soapy water, and the screws are no worse on the tyres than the thorns and other bits I found already embedded in them. The benefits are almost immediately apparent although in the car park the trolley is a bit knobbly on the studs. Once on the grass the wheels grip far better than the standard, no wheel spin on slopes and the trolley is bit quicker. Damage to the course is difficult to determine, but on a frosty morning it was noticeable that my trolley only left a track with my small plain front wheel whereas my fellow golfers were leaving three clear tracks in the frost and sliding about. The trolley wheels are noticeably cleaner at the end of a round.
The downside, the screws (3pairs at 120 degrees) provided are not sufficient to hold the Hoppa in place and I have added extra screws which seem to do the trick.
on 18 February 2014
these were a little tight to fit because the rubber tyre on the wheel works out to be 10 1/2" dia. a little washing up liquid helped
on 9 April 2014
After only one month the rubber split, had to put extra screws in to prevent further splitting,
obviously not fit for purpose,
on 18 April 2012
I was worried that these might not fit my trolley wheels as ,technically, they are only 9" .In fact, they were quickly fitted and are a good fit.No more problems with muddy ground!
on 8 February 2013
These wheel attachments are very good. They are easy to fit, although I did buy some cable ties to make them extra secure.
on 27 April 2013
WOH....this is pretty small in diameter ! Mine are 10.5 inch wheels and I was pretty certain the Hoppa will definitely not fit when I received it. But after reading through the comments, particularly Samadi's, I was a bit more positive.
I pre-stretched it a bit by standing on it and using my hands to pull against it, rotating all the way to get an even stretch to increase the diameter of it. It is a rubber compound and tough so it can be stretched nicely. Then I used soapy water and using my knee and 3 long screwdrivers and wrestled it on my grass lawn, I did get it on and it fit perfectly. Don't need the clips, but some electric ties does the job of holding it in place. As my tyres are on the thin side, the screws supplied would pierce into the wheel, so I will have to get shorter self taper screws to screw the plates onto the tyres to secure it well for a wet day as I have an electric trolley. In the meantime it fits very snugly.
Great product.