on 11 February 2014
I just got my D610 at Christmas so was eager to get out and about. Being new to full frame I also wanted to make the most of what was for me quite a sizeable investment. As soon as I saw this book on advance purchase I ordered it.

The book arrived this week and I have to say it's brilliant. The best way I can describe it is that it's like a huge owners manual with the addition of superb hints and tips as to how to make that perfect shot.

The illustrations are fabulous and you can tell that someone has really sat and literally gone through every feature of this camera and then written up how you can use it practically - and all in a very readable/human way which of course you don't get from an instruction manual!

I can recommend this book.
on 20 April 2014
I rarely review but this book really opened me up to using my D610. I'm a semi competent amateur and it has made a huge difference to have this book.

Huge thanks to the author.
on 7 April 2014
I got this as I thought it would be a lot more detail than the supplied manufacturers manual, unfortunately I was wrong as I DO FEEL NIKON PRDUCES A FINE DETAILED MANUAL NOW since the early days of film models they have listened to their loyal customers and I do feel this book might be okay for some but like myself I feel the user manual is all you need and easily illustrated(even if its only in B &W.
on 21 April 2014
Very good, clear and helpful to understand D610 and a lot of terminology and concepts related to photography.
Highly recommended.
on 17 August 2014
This is the best written camera guide book I have read in the last fifty years. The author explains the functions in a coherent manner but in addition to the instruction manual makes suggestions. This gives an excellent starting point when mastering the complexities of a new camera.
on 17 May 2015
I'm not a total photography novice but the D610 is the first Nikon I have owned and is by far the most complex camera. I found this guide absolutely excellent. It took me through every single facility the camera offers in a manner that was easy to understand without being overly simple. I had already read the official guide to the camera but felt that I gained considerably from reading this book as well. Highly recommended
on 13 July 2015
Every new Nikon 610 owner needs this book. It is written in simple to follow language (unlike the manual) and will help you to understand the amazing potential of this camera. I originally bought the book but now have the paperback just because referencing is much easier. Take camera in hand and start this book but only when you have a spare afternoon
on 2 February 2016
This is a fantastic book! I am not a professional photographer and don't know much about cameras and this book just opened my eyes. I am learning slowly about all the terms and different buttons, functions and ways to make a perfect picture and I am loving it! It's very professionally written but still I's very easy to navigate and easy to understand, which is great for newbies. It is much better than the manual that came with my camera! Highly recommended book!
on 18 November 2015
I'm in two minds about this book. It's well written & huge, but then so is the D610 manual you get in the box, & I'm not sure this book has told me anything the manual hasn't.
It's written in a friendly, accessible way that will appeal to inexperienced photographers, but is that the D610 market?
Looks good in my bookcase though.
on 13 October 2014
ya, great value for money. very explicit. would highly recommend it, especially if you dont have a manual, as I don't, sinnce I bought a grey import camera and was not supplied with a manual. Has great illustrations of the instructions too. I am very pleased with the book.