on 5 February 2004
This book I refer to all the time, even better than his 'mastering witchcraft'. Full of useful information for country witches, from cooking to aphrodisiacs to spells and remedies. He also details on each herb and plant, their Localities and medicinal and magical properties. The good thing is that he makes references to older sources such as 'Culpepper's herbal' rather than 'making-up' magical correspondences as do most modern authors. Anyone interested in country witchcraft, old spells, potions, remedies and wortcunning rather than ritual and modern approaches, than this book is most definately a must.
on 24 June 2001
As this was the first book I ever bought 20 years ago when first in print. I have found it indispensable in my study of herbs, I still refer to it today as it has much wise advice on many matters i.e. herbs, cooking, magic, astrology, Holism in general, well ahead of it's time, now is it's time to be read by a new audience. My original copy was nearly consumed by a fire in my house, but I managed to save it and still use it, singed though it is; I have found it to be one of my most treasured books and I for one am glad that it is back in print, useful for the beginer and proffesional alike, enjoyable and with a wicked sense of humour.
on 5 September 2007
This would make a good introduction to home herbalism, however it is rather basic (and at times confusing) and I would recommend Mrs. Greives' "A Modern Herbal" as one of the most comprehensive books of the subject, and one which the present author cites frequently in any case.
on 2 December 2015
Given as present and was well received
on 24 October 2014
Brilliant, very happy wife, thanks! :)
on 30 January 2015