Format: PaperbackChange

on 12 December 2011
excellent value. i ordered this atlas for work as my one is so dogeared that the edges are nonexistant half the index is missing and the spiral edging is mostly missing. this one is fab. it is soft backed (i like that as i can get it into my bag)also it is lighter than the hardback version it is also larger print as sometimes the light is not enough to see the index, roads, places etc i am not a sat nav person even though i have one. this atlas will be thoroughly used believe me. if you want a london atlas do give this one a look.
0Comment27 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2013
The only word of caution due here is the size of this book (see product details) - weighing almost 1.3kg (3lbs), this hefty paperback is not a pocket guide and will add considerably to your burden, especially on foot. Nevertheless, it offers an excellent collection of features including Super Scale maps of Inner London (9 inches to 1 mile), Greater London (3 1/3 inches to 1 mile), Road Maps at 3 miles to 1 inch, Indexes to over 100,000 streets and locations, separate Index to Hospitals, Railway Stations and other places of interest, West End Cinema and Theatre Maps, London Underground and Overground Rail connections Map. The reinforced cover is scuff and water resistant and there is a ribbon in the spine as a bookmark.
on 5 December 2011
I have bought this as a present and only flicked through but I am really pleased, it is easy to read and very concise, well worth buying, you can use a SAT Nav but you can't beat a decent map book.
on 8 October 2011
This greater london atlas is very comprehensive, easy to use. Would recommend to anyone needing specific london detail on a regular basis.
on 26 July 2012
Now that I have just received it, after having read so much praises about this atlas book, I cannot pretend to see any shortcoming. This item may turn out to be an excellent reference for people who are either fascinated by the labyrinth of the capital city or simply looking for a complete roadmap (to find their way during a trip). Large scale maps of Central London (the tourist area) are even provided. The lexicon's list is also far more huge than needed (at least for me). What else could I say ? A few pages dedicated to Windsor and some other areas which are not necesseraly included in Greater London...
Evident conclusion : You want to have your own complete map of (Greater) London ? Buy it at once ! Don't worry, you will not find it too expensive after the purchase !
on 26 April 2013
The best A-Z you can get. I have run a courier company for the last 29 years and this is still the industry standard book. Shame you can't get the hard back version anymore.
on 1 July 2014
The latest version of this publication is 2014 and is spiral bound, allowing it to lay flat or folded over.
The amazon description of this version is the older 2011 edition. I wonder if amazon are shipping the 2014 version (edition 14) and have just not updated the description.
I cannot find any way to ask amazon & I doubt they would know anyway.
on 12 May 2012
i found this a really good buy especially for the price,it has everything in this atlas even the speed limit on some roads,some maps in central london have large images which make it easier to read,also there are points of interest included,infact it even shows where toilets are siturated,highly recommrnded.
on 16 September 2015
I have several maps and atlases that I have found to be extremely useful. Except that reading Narrow Dog To Carcassonne, by Terry Darlington, showed me that all of my atlases are now out of date.

Going by the title, the 'Master Atlas AZ' seemed the most comprehensive of the London atlases. The copy I now have is dated 2014 and and it certainly feels both large and comprehensive.

My previous London atlas was a pocket size AZ that I purchased in 1968 and I have used it a lot. This Master Atlas is not a pocket version. It is large and heavy, rest it on my legs and I soon prefer something a lot lighter. I assume that the young and fit are unlikely to get that problem from armchair reading.

The colouring and presentation alone make this a big advance over the 1968. More of central London is large scale. The map extends from Slough to Gravesend and from St Albans to Reigate. Add all of the additional detail, including many places of interest being found via the indexes, this version is way ahead of my previous.

I have been getting acclimatised by reading Galbraith's novel 'The Silkworm' and the atlas has been a powerful addition to this, as well as showing me how much London has changed since 1968. Reading Karen McCombie's novel series, Ally's World, Stella and Sadie, I had depended on the 1968 and found that okay despite the fictional streets. The larger page size of the 'Master' would make that even better. Ditto, such as the Highgate cemetery 'Ravenwood' novel series by Mia James as that occasionally moves between map pages.
on 24 December 2011
Good map book. Maps very clear. Would recommend for anyone wanting detailed maps of London and surrounding areas. Better than a satnav!