Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Nov 2010 05:57:01 GMT
Jason Lane says:
The pre-order price for this everywhere in the UK is around 15, while on Amazon US the CD is only $7.99, which converts to just over 5. Yet another example of seriously unfair pricing within the UK.

As much as I want this, and as much as I want to support NIN, I'm going to have to wait until it drops to a more reasonable price as triple the price is just stupid.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2010 10:19:50 GMT
Matt Benatan says:
Agreed - doubtless we'll see a rapid drop straight after Christmas...

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2010 10:36:28 GMT
R. John says:
You should be able to order it from the US, even with shipping, it would be MASSIVELY cheaper than this. As it's under 18 there'd be no customs accrued as well.

Posted on 24 Nov 2010 12:04:25 GMT
Usually you can order most CDs via 3rd party sellers here for a much cheaper price once the CD has been released. I'll wait a couple of days and order then there.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2010 00:53:45 GMT
Jason Lane says:
Yeah, Amazon Marketplace or eBay will probably be the best bet. Even though, as stated above, ordering from the US would still be cheaper than the listed price, there's postage of around 4.50 on something even as small as a CD, effectively doubling the price. If a US seller sells on Amazon UK though, postage is the same as if it were posted from within the UK. So, I'll be keeping an eye out.

Posted on 26 Nov 2010 17:22:44 GMT
Greycat says:
Itunes has it far cheaper if that helps...

Posted on 30 Nov 2010 20:34:28 GMT
GarethE says:
This over-pricing is exactly the kind of thing Trent was refering to moments before his infamous speech involving the phrase "steal it", shame can't buy it direct from NIN.com

Posted on 2 Dec 2010 00:52:13 GMT
I've just used the link to let Amazon.co.uk know if we've seen it cheaper. I alerted them to the existence of Amazon.com.

if you can stand to wait, the album and standard shipping will run you 9.63 total which, still pretty expensive for a physical product (as much a part of the desirability of this release as the actual music, iTunes person, is still 6.36 cheaper than buying this edition here.

Posted on 22 Dec 2010 23:56:48 GMT
I must admit I bought this cd because it's a superb album, but for just one bonus track it is a tad overpriced!!!

Posted on 23 Dec 2010 02:03:33 GMT
Jason Lane says:
The extra track is one I, and a lot of others, already have though, as it was featured on the Sin single. I would have much preferred it if they had released Pretty Hate Machine along with a second disc containing the original Purest Feeling demo. At least then you'd have 2 new songs (not counting the instrumental opening), along with alternate takes of 6 of the songs from the actual album. That would at least justify the currently ludicrous price.

Posted on 4 Jan 2011 13:31:18 GMT
S. Coles says:
I bought my copy from a USA trader. There are several on Amazon. OK it took 2 weeks to arrive but worth the wait.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  24 Nov 2010
Latest post:  4 Jan 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pretty Hate Machine: 2010 Remaster
Pretty Hate Machine: 2010 Remaster by Nine Inch Nails (Audio CD - 2010)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (26)