- Hardcover: 240 pages
- Publisher: AIAA; First edition. edition (1 Nov. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1403986215
- ISBN-13: 978-1403986214
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 1.8 x 21.6 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,715,076 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Masculine Jealousy and Contemporary Cinema Hardcover – 1 Nov 2007
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
This is an exciting and innovative study which adds a new dimension to psychoanalytic approaches to film and to masculinity, and which sheds new light on films such as Taxi Driver, The Piano and The End of The Affair. - Steve Neale, University of Exeter
About the Author
CANDIDA YATES is Senior Lecturer in Psychosocial Studies at the University of East London, UK. Her research interests include masculinity, affect, cinema and cultural change. She is co-editor of Culture and the Unconscious.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Film Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology