Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 February 2009
This was bought for my little girl to use in her CD player and she absolutely loves it. Every song from the film is on this CD and as it is the original film soundtrack she "knows" the people singing to her. This CD is thoroughly recommended!
on 4 December 2008
This CD is great. My daughter just loves it and sings lets go fly a kite all day.
on 23 September 2010
The songs on this CD are exactly as they appear in the original film, great for singing along and a firm favourite in our family!
on 20 September 2010
My 2 yr old is Mary poppins daft this cd comes everywhere with us a life saver in the car!!
on 12 February 2010
My two year old, baby and myself listen to this every day and it makes every day happy!!!!
on 19 March 2010
Brilliant has me singing along to all my favorite songs from this top class film.
on 11 August 2013
I bought this for my 2girls, aged 5 and 2, to take with us on holidays so that it would entertain on the long journeys. They begged to have it on incessantly, so much so that my husband and I became demented listening to it, yet found ourselves harmonising later when it wasn't even on!! And now as a result, I have a 2 year old who can sing all the words to Sister Suffragette!! I cannot emphasise how much they adore it-buy at your peril!!
I'm a huge Disney fan and I always love having both the film and the soundtrack.

This is such a lovely CD to have.

The songs are composed by Richard M Sherman and Robert B Sherman, (over the years the Sherman brothers composed a lot of music for Walt Disney), and they did a fantastic job. Due to them we have the great classics "A Spoonful of Sugar", "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious", "Chim Chim Cher-ee", "Lets Go Fly a Kite", "Step in Time", "Jolly Holiday", "Stay Awake" and "Feed the Birds".

The original score which you hear throughout the film is composed by Irwin Kostal, and he's written some really beautiful melodies.

Also on this CD there is an interview with the Sherman brothers as well as a few demo recordings, which for me makes this CD extra special.

I can highly recommend this for any Disney fan. :-)
on 21 August 2014
My 8 year old was recently in a musical production of Mary Poppins so we bought the CD. Since then it has been on continuously in my car! Although it's driving me slightly insane, I have to admit the children all love it and sing along happily.
on 28 May 2006
This CD is great but not top notch there are a few bits of music missing the interview with the music writers is a rare insight to what they do and what can happen.

Most of the songs are here but some aren't but it is still enjoyable CD and the interview is a nice extra there is another Mary Poppins CD out there which has every bit of music on it.