- Paperback: 56 pages
- Publisher: Agapy LLC (1 Jan. 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0972132864
- ISBN-13: 978-0972132862
- Product Dimensions: 19.1 x 0.3 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,819,947 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Martial Arts Games and Activities for Children Paperback – 1 Jan 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The Bad - Unfortunately, I found some of the ideas either too silly or too similar in nature to other ideas. There are only SO many ways you can throw/kick a focus mitt to knock down a blocker or kick shield. Also, some of the exercises don't really apply martial arts/self defense techniques. (If this sounds contradictory to what I mentioned above, it is because of my use of "most/some" vs. "all/none". In other words, some of the activities involve kicking a focus mitt across the floor to knock down a target. IMO, the kick used in this game/activity isn't a technically sound maneuver.)
The Ugly - The photos and pictures are a little lacking in both visual "pop" and pedagogy.
An overall decent resource, especially if you're a new instructor or a seasoned vet looking for a fresh way to teach old precepts to children while keeping them invovled