'This book shows much promise and might very well become the European marketing research handbook of the future. I believe every student of marketing research in Europe should obtain a copy of this book. The author has undertaken a Herculean task and has succeeded with flying colours.'
Martin Wetzels, Maastricht University
'Malhotra's revised European edition is a comprehensive guide to modern marketing research. Not only is it a useful text for students of modern marketing research, providing them with examples of current practice, it is also a useful text for managers, who are either commissioning research or disseminating and operationalising its results.'
Paul Baines, Middlesex University
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
This new edition of Marketing Research: An Applied Approach builds upon Birks’ well received European adaptation of Malhotra’s classic text whilst also drawing on the strengths of Malhotra’s most recent US edition. It forms a comprehensive, authoritative and thoroughly European introduction to applied marketing research and covers both quantitative and qualitative techniques in depth.
New features include:
- Two new chapters devoted to qualitative research to ensure the student fully understands why and how qualitative research is conducted and the way in which qualitative data can be analysed
- Pioneering coverage of marketing research in an action research context
- Stunning photographs which encapsulate the essence of the subject in a creative way
- A series of Professional Perspectives which illustrate an array of applications and how different techniques combine to support the realities of marketing decision making. These are accompanied by questions and can be used as case studies
Marketing Research: An Applied Approach
is aimed at students studying marketing research at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Dr Naresh K. Malhotra is Regents’ Professor, DuPree College of Management, Georgia Institute of Technology. In addition to teaching marketing research he has consulted for business, non-profit and government organisations in the United States and around the world.
Dr David F. Birks is a Lecturer in the School of Management at the University of Bath. He teaches marketing research and management research on undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree programmes. He has designed and managed many marketing research projects for financial institutions, researchers, industrial organisations, local authorities and charities.
A Companion Web Site accompanies Marketing Research: An Applied Approach by Naresh K. Malhotra and David F. Birks.
Vist the Companion Web Site at www.booksites.net/malhotra_euro to find valuable learning and teaching material, including:
- Weblinks, including links to demo versions of a range of software packages such as SPSS, SNAP and Experian
- Case studies, which are European in focus or relevant globally
- A host of resources - including a proposal document, a questionnaire and an SPSS dataset - from the ongoing, real life, GlobalCash marketing research survey
- For Lecturers:
- Very detailed suggested solutions to the end of chapter questions, to the Professional Perspectives questions and to the case study questions which will assist lecturers developing examination papers and markeing schemes
- PowerPoint slides