Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£19.15

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 October 2012
Casey has been growing steadily weaker as her 27th birthday approaches. She has no idea that she is part of an ancient prophecy tying her to a secret race of warriors descended from the Gods, yet their enemies the daemons have discovered her and killing her would ensure their queen's immortality.

Leader of the band of warriors the Argonauts, Theron has travelled to the human realm to retrieve Isadora; his fiancée and future queen of their people. When it is revealed that Isadora is also part of the prophecy and could die, Theron heads back to the human world to find the mortal woman that will save Isadora's life, but die herself in the process.

Of course Theron and Casey fall in love, but he fails to tell her the real reasons he wants to take her to his world, and also fails to mention his fiancée. Theron's loyalties are certainly conflicted, but his human side is so suppressed he follows his duty rather than his heart. Casey on the other hand is a little too forgiving when the truth comes out; after all Theron was ultimately leading her to her death.

The plot is enjoyable and predominantly punchy with plenty of drama and action, but it did lag at odd moments. I liked the growth in both Casey and Isadora as they try to do the right thing without hurting the other, plus there are additional characters introduced who certainly warrant their own books. The romance also works well between Theron and Casey (despite his secrets and her reaction when they are revealed). With deadly curses, hunky warriors, meddling Gods and feisty heroines, "Marked" is an exciting start to a new fantasy romance series.
on 1 November 2012
I downloaded this book free from amazon and was really surprised at how gripping the book was. What a fantastic 1st book in Eternal Guardians series.
Elisabeth Naughton is a fantastic writer. I will be reading more from this author
on 5 January 2015
This is the first book in the Eternal Guardians series. I really enjoyed it!

My sister recommended this series to me as she had read them all (that have been released so far) and thought I would enjoy it. I downloaded this as an audiobook, as it was also recommended by Audible due to my browsing history. How's that for a coincidence?

I started to listen and was quickly pulled into the story. The narrator, Elizabeth Wiley, did a wonderful job in telling the story, but I'm afraid her attempt at foreign accents sounded a bit odd and I would have preferred if she hadn't attempted it at all. Nevertheless, her narration was crystal clear and her tone and modulation for the various characters brought them to life.

Acacia "Casey" Simopolus is a wonderful character. I really liked her. She is not your average wimpy type. She is more kick ass than mousy, which helps when dealing with unruly drunks at the bar she works part time in. But when a mysterious stranger saves her and she later returns the favour, she finds herself thrust into a dangerous world where immortal guardians protect the human population from demons sent from the Underworld.

Theron is a character I wasn't sure if I liked or not. To me, he comes across as very controlling, arrogant and sexist (mostly old fashioned sexism) at times, which made me want to punch him, and I'm not normally a violent person. He is a descendant of Hercules and the leader of a group of guardians, who "police" the demons sent by Hades to the human realm. He and his fellow Argonauts live in Argolea, a city which is in another dimension. When he meets Casey, his life takes an unexpected turn. Could he kill his soul mate to protect his home?

This story is mostly a typical paranormal romance, with lots of action and danger mixed in. However, there are several twists and turns that keep one guessing at what is really going on. There are a few characters other than Casey and Theron who have their say in this book too, which gave this story a more rounded feel. I was intrigued with Isadora, who, although a princess, seemed to have a very weak character and let herself get pushed around, especially by her father King Leonidas. However, she has a core of steel that she did not expose for most of the story, and I actually wrote her off as pathetic because of her lack of back bone. BUT, when she did show her metal, WOW! I certainly have now changed my mind about her! There are also a few other intriguing characters, both in the human world and in Argolea who have caught my interest, but I will leave it to you to discover them for yourselves.

One thing I will say about this story is the world building is excellent. The characters are well developed and extremely lifelike. I have always been intrigued with Greek gods and their offspring such as Hercules, whose exploits became legend (or are they myth?) over time. So reading about his descendants, who were with Jason on his voyage for the Golden Fleece, excited me. I am also a huge sucker for paranormal romances in general, so I am looking forward to continuing with this series and I will (hopefully) get to read/listen to Entwined as soon as I can.

Elisabeth Naughton has written an exciting start to a series. I love her fast paced writing style and the flow is wonderful. I will be continuing to read this series, but I do have one of her romantic suspense novels sitting on my Kindle, which I hope to now read in the near future too!

Due to scenes of a sexual nature that are on the explicit side, I do not recommend this book for younger readers. However, I highly recommend this book if you love erotic paranormal romances. - Lynn Worton
on 18 January 2014
I downloaded this for free and was glad I had. It was a refreshingly different read from a lot of the PNR I've been reading lately, yet still somehow comfortingly similar.

Casey is working two jobs to make ends meet and is totally unprepared for a giant of a man to come crashing into her life like a demolition ball, burning down her shop and whisking her away. Even less is she prepared to totally fall for him.

Add in the necessary angst of a prophecy and forbidden love and secrets and betrayals, and suddenly you have a rip roaring ride full of feels.

I think what I liked most about it was that it was a different set of mythology. It's based around the Greek legends - the Argonauts and the Greek gods. Many of the characters were familiar yet different, like Hades and Persephone. There was not a vampire in sight or even a were creature. It was different and familiar and original in so many ways. I adored the old Greek and Roman myths and legends growing up, so this was a bonus for me.

It had touches of J R Ward here and there - a brotherhood of big, troubled men trying to protect their race against difficult odds. If you love the Black Dagger Brotherhood books, you'll enjoy this. There's less swearing and sex, to be sure, but it's still very reminiscent of those books. Dark Lover: Number 1 in series (Black Dagger Brotherhood)

I thought the characterisations were good. I liked Casey - she was sweet but sassy. Theron was suitably torn between his duty and his heart. The additional characters were interesting. I didn't think much of Isadora at first but she came into her own later in the book. Hades and Persephone made me smile with their particular dark brand of love.

That's something else this book does well - there are touches of humour throughout that made me smile. The fact that they keep getting interrupted every time they're about to get busy was funny. There are moments where characters are sassing each other that me me chuckle too.

I haven't given it five stars because there were a few issues. Although the editing was really good overall, I did spot a couple of plot holes, like how at the end of the book she says you can't teleport inside buildings, but earlier in the book someone teleported into Isadora's bedroom. At the beginning of the book I had a couple of moments of confusion. It was clear that the author knows the world she has created so well that she forgets that not everyone else does. I persisted and a lot of things became clear later on, but it was a little confusing at first.

The only other thing I'd say is that part of my enjoyment was from knowing the characters going in. If you don't have any knowledge at all of the old myths and legends, this will make the book a little difficult.

That said, it was really enjoyable and I'll definitely read the rest of the series.
on 29 June 2013
This book was stunning! outright beautiful! The characters, the plotline, the love scenes. The Passion!! so.blooming.amazing.

I HAVE to read the other books in this series and anything else written by Elizabeth Naughton.

Casey believes she is a regular person, working 2 jobs to pay off her grandmother's hospital bills from when she was still alive and working hard to keep afloat. Until a tall, dark and sexy demigod literally bumps in to her one night while working at Xscream, a strip club. She stumbled upon him later in the night being attacked by creatures she has no name for, she takes him home and helps clean his wounds. That night everything changed for her and this handsome Hulk. The man, Theron is a descendent of Hercules and one of the legendary Argonauts. This book is Greek Myth come to life in the modern day.

Things get tricky between them when he realizes this girl, who he is falling for bad, may have to be sacrificed to save his people and bring about an ancient prophecy Hades has put it place. Emotions grow between them and he his torn between his duties to his people and this young, beautiful woman who seems to be his Curse. But Gods like to play their games and Hades is the best at it. His twisted sense of humour is about to throw Theron over the edge!

I have literally just finished this book and I cant stop thinking about it. The writing and pure effort and passion that has gone in to the story is obvious on every page and will take its place in my 'breathtaking' category. I lost myself in this story and read it to the early hours of the morning! I can't wait to read many, many more!
Acacia "Casey" Simopolus recently lost her last living relative, her grandmother, to cancer. Now Casey is beginning to notice the symptoms within her. Casey works part time as a waitress in a strip club. A dreadful headache has Casey leaving work a bit early. As she drives off, Casey spies what appear to be large animals mauling a human. This is the first time she has ever seen daemons. Casey cares for the man, Theron, until he is well enough to leave. With his speedy healing, that does not take long.

Theron is not human. He is one of an elite band of guardians against those who would destroy his world, Argolea, if they could. King Leonidas is dying. His sole child and heir, Princess Isadora, is weak and many doubt her ability to lead when the time comes. To save Isadora's life, the king orders Theron to locate Casey and bring her to the princess. With Casey's death, Isadora will live and Argolea will be saved. But Theron suspects that Casey is his soul mate. Will Theron sacrifice his one, true soul mate or all of Argolea?

**** FOUR STARS! Heavily flavored with Greek mythology characters, this story is a wild ride on the darker side. Elisabeth Naughton's writing style lets the tale flow smoothly and never insults the intelligence of the reader. This author has definitely caught my attention. I look forward to finding out whether the next story is as well done. Recommended! ****

Reviewed by Detra Fitch of Huntress Reviews.
on 15 August 2013
5 star class. I would love to spend an hour in the imagination of this creator, the experience would be insurmountable.

In this book you have it all, fantasy romance, mystery, thriller, deception, some gore, some passion, principles, humour, some strong women, a strong man, some sex & one heck of a story.

To me for a writer to earn 5 stars, they have to envelope you in the story, entice you to enter & then don't let you stray until disappointedly you realize you have turned the last page. You don't just read a story you become part of it, you breathe with the characters, feel their anguish & think with then.

This cleverly written story features the underworld, the human world, his world. Sisters born apart who must come together, a man has love For one but duty to the other. Mythological based characters transporting through worlds, testing their beliefs & coming to their own destinies. Sacrificing everything for the greater good of the world comes at the highest cost. You seriously won't be able to put this down! Great writing, story telling - you can't ask for more!!
on 16 July 2013
I tried reading this book a few months ago and decided I didn't like it so gave up at about 30 percent, I was recommended by someone on the forum to give it another go, as she said the series gets better. I didn't really warm to either theron or casey, but as the story progressed I found myself becoming engrossed in the story and background of the world the author is trying to create. I first book was ok, but I'm enjoying the second book a lot better, the characters in the second book certainly seem to have more depth, so it's definitely worth it to keep going with the series. I definitely be buying all of the books in this series.

Update 26 July 2013 I have now read three more books in this series, and I think this author is truly amazing, the characters become alive, and the story in each book keeps getting better. I still think book one now in my opinion is just okay, the author is obviously setting up her world, so if your going to try reading it and find yourself not liking book one so much, it's so worth it when you get onto the next books in her series. Such a brilliant series.
on 27 May 2010
Locate your Classical Dictionary from the back of your bookshelf for this one - it's another book with Greek Gods and other Immortals as heroes. It's not the first book I've read recently taking classical heroes and bringing them to the modern world, and it's not particularly original in the overall story, but it was OK to read.

Theron is the leader of the Argonauts - classical heroes who live long lives in order to save humans (what else!) Although they live in a different dimension from the humans, they sometimes come across to the human world to see what's going on. When Casey, working as a waitress in a club, spots Theron she finds him interesting. When she sees him later in the car park being attacked she rescues him, takes him home and tends his wounds. What Casey doesn't realise is that she herself is special and that, once Theron realises it, her life may be in danger. But Theron, sworn to protect his king and princess, may find his duty hard to carry out when it involves Casey. And she may have to come to terms with her own destiny, and the fact that she may have to sacrifice herself for the good of many.

This wasn't a bad book with quite a lot going on and good pacing. I wasn't entirely convinced by the classical setting, feeling that it was rather shoehorned into an altered world to fit the author's needs. There were several other Argonauts listed who undoubtedly will have their own books in future. Whether I will want to read them isn't yet clear, but this wasn't a bad start to a series.

Originally published for Curled Up With A Good Book © Helen Hancox 2010
on 4 June 2014
Bought this book on a whim as it is not my usual reading matter,I am so glad I did...wow! Once I started it i struggled to put it down,the hero was just that and the sexual tension was palpable,when theron and acacia(great name)finally get there...sizzling!!! I am now on the 4th book in this series and still as enraptured!