Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 22 May 2011
I love a bit of romance and forbidden love just like every gal out there. Marked was just that, and much more. It was a hot, thrilling read, allowing us a glimpse into our innermost, animalistic desires, hopes and dreams, where a strong man claims his mate, and knights still exist to protect the ones they love.
In a world where people fear all that is unknown, and females are not permitted to speak without invitation in the presence of men, Ova is a strong heroine, who bows to the men's wishes but has her own head. After giving birth to King Xor's heirs she dies in childbirth, but her legacy lives on in her little daughter, Ova, and her son, Xan.

In another world, Catherine is new on the job, waiting to meet her employer only to feel something she's never felt before. Her boss, Xan, is a strong leader and an even stronger warrior. Recognising a bond between them, he's not afraid to fight for what he wants, but as much as Catherine's attracted to him, she can also sense the danger that surrounds him.
In a world of evil magic and deadly enemies, Xan knows he cannot protect Catherine forever from every evil to hunt her, unless he can win her heart and gain her trust.

Marked was a romance full of extremely inventive fantasy elements, suspense and sizzling attraction that made me blush a few times. I was astounded by so much originality and the chemistry between Xan and Catherine. The writing was beautiful, the plot kept me on the edge of my seat as I rooted for Xan and the bond between him and Catherine. It was a unique story, certainly nothing I've ever read before, and I've read my fair share of urban fantasy.

If you're into urban fantasy with lots of action and strong, sexy characters, get this. You won't be disappointed. I wish I could give it more than five stars. I'll be checking out more books by this author!
on 26 November 2012
As a rule I am an avid reader of anything shifter related, but the plot for this book was way off. It appears that the cat shifters were part of the knights templar along with wolf shifters and humans. They fight against the Demons and werewolves but there is no real reason for why. Of course the king of the cats falls for a human he has to protect and the demons want a piece of the action. Men are attached in a templar base and a priest keeps the demons at bay with holy water and prayers but there is nothing else that really explains the story. Its really just a bad shifter story with no real direction. I wouldnt recommend it.
on 6 July 2012
I'm not sure that I read the same book as other reviewers but maybe if you are asked by an author to write a reviews you feel you must give a very favourable one.
I am not saying it is a bad story because it's not but often I found the writing strangely disjointed as though it was written by someone to whom English is a second language. Or maybe the author did it deliberately to give it more 'atmosphere'. I found it just a tad annoying.
I agree with the reviewer who found the end of one of the villains rather a case of recognised, named and dispatched all in one or two sentences rather under written.
My other concern is how the tale ended (or not in this case) am I to assume that there will be more to come I wonder.
Overall this was a good, action packed adventure with a strong love interest but hot and steamy? I don't think so, unless of course I have read a different version. Makes you wonder.
on 12 November 2012
Was reviewer Scott (UK) the author's mother! I must admit I only got through 25% of the story and had to give up as I could not read anymore bad dialog and lost interest. Really did not like the charaters. Maybe story got better but I just did not care.
on 8 December 2012
This book was pointless and stupid with a horribly bad storyline, if you buy this book, prepare to be extremely disappointed :(
on 4 March 2013
An Interesting and unexpected mix of genres that went together surprisingly well. Very enjoyable, read it all in two days!
on 3 December 2012
Good read enjoyed the book would recommend it for this type of story and would read more from his author