on 4 December 2012
This book is essentially a collection of sermons working through the Gospel of Mark verse by verse. It's a sort of light touch commentary.

It does what it says on the tin really well. If you want someone to preach the entire Gospel of Mark to you in book form, look no further than this one. Each passage is included in the text together with, as you'd expect, sermon illustrations and points for application throughout.

I want to say this is a good book, but to be honest I'm not really sure who I'd recommend it to. It's certainly not an academic work and doesn't try to be a detailed exegetical commentary, but the sheer scale of it I think makes it a but daunting for a casual read. Perhaps it would work well as part of a daily devotional or something.

Sproul does well not to repeat himself too often so it can work simply as a book to read. In short, if this sounds like the sort of book you'd like to read, I think you would.

I got this book for free from Reformation Trust Publishing in exchange for an honest review.