Mark has had a distinguished career in Information Security as a CISO, Head of Security and pioneer. Key events include:
* Creator of Europe's largest Cyber-Security/Cyberattack monitoring system
* Formed the KPMG UK Penetration Testing team and Ran the KPMG security practice for many years (1993-2003)
* Held Security leadership positions such as Chief Security Officer, Head of Computer Security and Head of Security Consulting with many international organisations
* Provided Security Advice to Senior Management for most of the FTSE 100
* Researched & published a number of Zero-Day security vulnerabilities (most notably Fatajack)
* Security expert witness in the cash-for-rides legal action between two major airlines.
* Publicised security flaws in WAP (the WAP Gap)
* Designed the world's most popular open-source wireless IDS/IPS (WIDZ), open-source DDOS detector(obeseus) and their widely used detection algorithms.
* Author of a number of books including "How To Cheat at Managing Information Security" which reached the Amazon.com Top-500.
* Designer of the largest Cyber Security System in Europe, the Interoute Internet barometer
* Referenced by Universities, IEEE, IETF, ISACA, GIAC and FIRST - Most importantly referenced in "Wireless Security for Dummies"