on 9 November 2012
A paper copy costs £3.70, subscription £18.99. The kindle version costs £4.99 for one magazine and £37.99 for a year. I bought my kindle as a way of cutting down on the books and magazines cluttering up my flat, but with with that massive price difference I definitely won't be getting the kindle version of Marie Claire! The layout and content is exactly the same as the paper version.
11 comment|141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2012
Bought this and like the magazine but there is no way to cancel and all my support e-mails come back suggesting I reboot the kindle. I'm now out of pocket £35 for a year subscription I didn't want. Avoid like the plauge.
0Comment|130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2013
don't generally read mags but on holiday with time to relax.pictures...more pictures...fashion and so on but nothing I read in it comes back to mind. tried to unsubscribe and hope that no money will be taken from me.
on 15 January 2013
Someone said they couldn't remove it from their Kindle and ended up paying each month for it. I'm not willing to risk this happening to me, plus is cheaper to buy the paper version.
on 29 August 2013
Magazine download not received and no links to find it. Subsequently found mention of a subscription and now concerned I will be charged for something 'free' I have not even received. No links to cancel this either! Wish I had read the other reviews. Amazon, you need to sort this out!
on 15 August 2013
You have to register payment details before you get the free issue ! The download is the front cover only.
on 20 August 2013
i didn't get the magazine "marie claire" instead i was sent a book by edie claire and a pretty bad book at that so i won't be subscribing any time soon as i'll likely get more trashy books
on 3 April 2013
In common with several other people I was unable to download this and unable to resolve with the Support function. A complete waste of money - I won't be buying ANY mags for my Kindle!
on 20 August 2013
Found turning over the pages were a little tricky. Also, pages wouldn't always stay large when enlargened. Reading a magazine in kindle not too easy, will stick to paper versions.
on 13 August 2013
I don't know what the glossy magazines are thinking, Times for example is super easy to read, this is all over the place (as are all the other ones I have tried) the text is either too small to read, or it is impossible to size for the screen. They have some way to go before I would continue subscription.