Format: Flexibound|Change

Map Art Lab is a fun art activity book for those interested in art and cartography.

The 52 projects included involve mixed media, and uses all the different elements of the map to create art. You'll get to draw sea monsters like olden day maps, create all sorts of interesting looking roads, make a pop-up map, a tea-stained treasure map, satellite map of your house and many more.

In many cases, you're not making an actually usable map, but a piece of art that's inspired by maps.

Some of the projects would require you to collect glass tiles or stones to make a mosaic map, or have a camera or sketchbook in hand and look out for map-like creations from nature, many projects involve drawings, some collages, and other interesting ways to create art.

There's a good variety of art inspired projects.

It's a very hands-on book, recommended to art and craft lovers.

(See more pictures of the book on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for the link.)
on 8 November 2014
Lovely book full of excellent ideas as parent of two, and player with arty stuff. Very pleased- a keeper.
on 1 November 2014
I enjoyed reading the book (as I had Jill's previous book) and did have a go at one of the exercises in it - not sure that i would do a lot of the projects suggested but it was still an interesting & enjoyable read
on 3 November 2014
Everything super. Just what I wanted, arrived perfectly.
on 8 November 2014
I was very disappointed with this book as I thought the ideas were very elementary and had thought of them before I bought the book. I think being able to see inside to the list of contents is important.
on 18 August 2014
Lovely ideas and images throughout
on 17 August 2014
An unusual book with some brilliant ideas. Packed well and arrived very quickly . Looking forward to trying some of the projects.