The eighth in our series of Clifford T. Ward releases. Mantle Pieces was originally released on Charisma Records in 1973 and was Clifford's 3rd solo album.
· The album has not been available on CD for almost 20 years.
· The album contains one of his best loved singles `Scullery'.
· The CD includes two bonus tracks: the single `Jayne' (from Andromeda Spiral), + its b/side `Maybe I'm Right'.
· The comprehensive CD booklet features an extensive UK Discography, sleeve notes and images. The front cover features the original album cover.
· The album has been mastered using the original master tapes.
· Clifford's reputation as a singer/songwriter lives on. His very active fan club "The Friends Of Clifford T. Ward" whose patron is Sir Tim Rice, support all attempts to promote the aims and works of Clifford T. Ward. Through their excellent website, they very much keep alive his extensive catalogue of work, spanning his career of 40 plus years. It's very striking just how many people do really care about his music!
· As a testament to his timeless genuis, in June 2002, Clifford finished above The Beatles in a BBC Radio 2 poll on the best music released during the Queen's reign. Unfortunately Clifford wasn't around to witness this as he sadly died in December 2001 at the age of 57.