Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 January 2011
Thirty or so years after my Mum and Dad first bought their children Asterix and Obelix books all three of us keep returning to them. They are extraordinary accomplishments; beautifully drawn and coloured and wittily written with slap stick guffaws and giggle-groaning puns. Everybody should own all Asterix books. I'll lob in a similar suggestion on behalf of Tintin, Judge Dredd and Charlie's War; all classics too - 'By Toutatis!'
on 31 December 2010
As an Asterix fan since childhood I was certainly not disappointed with this sequel! Intelligent jokes, a really good laugh!
on 26 August 2007
A slight departure from the norm for a deeper tale with a warning for our modern world. This is an environmentalist story about the dangers of over uburnanisation of areas of natural charm and beauty. The finding of uprooted trees, much to Dogmatix's horror, is a prelude to a massive construction of holiday apartments (in the latest classical style) on the villagers' doorstep. Asterix and Getafix use their wits to put a stop to this rural vandalism. An interesting story this one and a nice change, and there are still plenty of legionaries to bash. Possibly the most overtly French of all the books and definitely the most political.
on 3 May 2015
Bought these for my little lad, shame he cant read them yet, thats my excuse anyway.
on 19 November 2014
This was a gift for my nephew and was very well received. Good price
on 27 March 2016
Another great book from asterix
on 20 November 2014