Format: DVD|Change

on 25 June 2014
This DVD was excellent, but I have to say that the quality of the imagery was less so. The distance shots in particular were of low quality, it seemed to me as if I was watching a DVD made about ten years ago. Certainly, it was not as good as the DVD of City's last title winning season. In this day & age, I would expect much higher resolution than I got.
Wonderful to see the blue army win the prem again.
It was good to see are captain Vincent kompany
pick up that beautiful cup again, great season.

***FEATURES BELOW***

Exclusive interviews
Behind the Scenes footage
PLUS capital one cup in full
3 disc-set

Season review 160 mins
Capital one cup 128 mins
Bonus Features 120 mins
on 11 May 2016
It's a good dvd, the only 2 season reviews I owned previously were 2004/05 seasons (my first) and 2011/12 (when we memorably won the league) so I thought due to our recent bad form I needed some cheering up and I remembered this one as we scored a lot of goals this season, it is a good dvd don't get me wrong it covers all of the matches pretty well, and it definitely brings back some good memories as this was a great season for us, but the thing that annoys me is the music, like other people have said on recent reviews it is annoying and doesn't fit the mood, and just gets in the way of the commentary, but having said that the commentary isn't amazing either, but still I would have definitely preferred it if it was just this commentary and no music playing over it, all in all a good dvd to my collection though.
on 26 June 2014
I've just received DVD. Haven't had a chance to watch it, but I've decided to post a full content listing, because one has yet to be posted.

Disc 1

Champions parade highlights-22:56

Disc 3
2014 Capital One Cup Final-2:07:53

Total running time-7:15:53

Region-PAL 0 (Regardless of what the product description indicates, I assure you, this DVD is region 0.)
on 17 June 2014
You wouldn't think it would be possible to spoil the memory of the greatest season in the club's history but this DVD does so by playing awful cover band music across all of the highlights. This is supposed to be a DVD aimed at all age groups, not just children. How is an OAP going to relate to Doves cover tracks being played across games he wants to remember for the game and the actual atmosphere itself.

It's great if you are a new trendy fan who doesn't respect the true values of the football fam, or if you are happy watching with the sound off, but the pub commentary and the music spoil what should have been a classic. Such a shame when you consider the much higher quality of previous efforts.
on 22 July 2014
The decision to put music over the highlights detracts mightily from the experience. Poor quality sub-Madchester musak at that. Do other clubs do this ?

Many of the highlights of City goals last only a few seconds - basically, the final ball in and the finish. They don't tell the story of the goal. Aguero's goal against West Ham away, featuring the Beast's superb dummy which sent the entire Hammers defence the wrong way, is shown from only one angle which doesn't reveal the brilliance of the move. Ok, you think, there are time pressures. But we get to see many opposition goals from several angles, including the gleeful celebrations of opposition fans. I personally prefer my city dvds to be a lot more one-eyed.

The second disc has a lot of good features, though, so not a complete waste.

Just very frustrating to look forward to a product like this and to see it spoiled by an outlandish stylistic decision. The producers have kids who play in a band ? That's the only explanation I could come up with.
on 16 June 2014
This is really good season review, it plays music when a match is on, unlike previous editions of Manchester City season reviews. You can also pick what fixture you want to watch instead of watching the whole review, if you want to watch a specific match like the 4-1 win over United or the final game of the season against West Ham. It comes with 3 discs which contain the season review, the whole match of the Capital One Cup final and the final disk contains the bonus features.
on 13 July 2014
The producers have absolutely ruined his DVD by playing annoying music over the highlights of every game. It's like the dross they play in Starbucks - why?! Some of the editing is really strange as well - they seem to show lots of tackles by Kompany which aren't really significant moments in the game.

I had to turn this dross off after the fourth game of the season, gutted.
55 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 February 2015
A double winning season, winning the title on the last day. With this sort of material you'd think a chimp could make a job of presenting it, but unfortunately it seems no chimps worked on this project.

1. Why the back ground music. It detracts horribly from what you are watching. It takes away any notion that you are watching a football match and instead conjures up the image of watching some idiot's best goals on FIFA uploaded to youtube.

2. The picture quality is dreadful in parts. Watching on a big screen TV even with an up scaling blu ray player is not a pleasant watch.

3. The commentators. Enough said.

City videos in the 90s managed to polish turds of seasons and actually make me watch them again, despite finishing 14th in Division 2. To say I'm not sure I'll watch a double winning season again says a lot about the quality of this product.
on 25 July 2014
Best sports DVD around , all 150 plus goals scored by the best team in all the land and all the world. . Buy it, enjoy it. Blue moon rising high