on 2 January 2008
This is an excellent and accessible text on change management. What I really like about Managing Change Step by Step is that it is realistic and immediately useful. Too many books on change have intellectually interesting theory, but when you come to implementation they are impossible to apply. In contrast, this is readily applicable advice that will significantly reduce the risk of change failure.
on 26 March 2010
This book was given to me by a colleague at time when I had to manage some quite substantial change at our company. It proved opportune in that it is a very practical and useful book rather than one based on academic theory. I undertook the program a lot better having read it.
VINE VOICEon 20 November 2008
This is a fascinating book - and not one I would normally read; but I picked it up in the library and wanted to take it out, read it right through.

The author has written a blueprint for managing change - in the business/corporate/managerial world. But I found the infrastructure of the book could apply to just about any project that required serious effort, discipline, multi-tasking and ongoing thought/attention.

I liked the detail and the precision. Some of the prosaic 'stating the obvious' is nicely written into scientific terms and diagrams...which have a philosophical relevance. (I wanted to read Pirzig's 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' alongside.)

But Newton's book contains a serious engine for really getting a plan together, taking its components and creating the desired goal. It takes into account human divergence, random acts and interference - and aims for the best results.
on 9 October 2009
This book was easy to read and understand however it lacked any detail or depth in the subject matter. I had bought it for my academic studies but did not find it contained enough information on the different theoretical models of change management to
provide any meaningful help to me.
on 2 June 2010
Good Value for the money although I have not yet had a chance to read it all. Great reference book.