From the Back Cover
Management starts with Mullins
Thousands of students worldwide have made a successful start to their studies with Management and Organisational Behaviour. Written in an engaging style and packed with contemporary references to management research and practice, this book continues to be the Organisational Behaviour text of choice for todays students.
A range of intriguing examples and case studies illustrate the theories of human behaviour at work, and the influence of individuals, leaders and groups on organisational performance. Find out:
- how different organisational cultures developed under high-profile, individual leadership at Virgin Atlantic and Ryanair.
- how a multinational organisation like Dell, grew from a small business to a global giant, mobilising workers across three continents to deliver your new PC to your door.
- what the ingenuity and enterprise of Nobel prize-winner Mohammed Yunus and Grameen Bank can do to relieve third-world poverty.
- why personal social responsibility, ethical leadership and philanthropy is important to Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and Anita Roddick.
- what the organisational goals in working toward an event like the London Olympics reveal about organisational strategy.
Using frequent questions and exercises, a clear layout, and additional online resources, this book will enable you to
- think critically about topical issues and debates.
- develop your personal and professional skills for work and study.
- reinforce and assess your knowledge and understanding.
- navigate your way through the text efficiently and effectively.
- succeed in your project work, research and exams.
Assess and Refresh! Use the Companion Website to this book to check your understanding and prepare for exams. Its as simple as this:
- go to www.pearsoned.co.uk/mullins.
- register the access code in the card provided with this text.
- get ahead using an online study guide, self-assessment tests, and electronic flashcards.