In his fourteen years as CEO of Tesco, Sir Terry Leahy not only turned the company into the largest supermarket chain in the UK but also transformed it into a global enterprise. As a result, Sir Terry is now one of the world's most admired business leaders, widely acclaimed for his drive, flair and no-nonsense approach.
In Management in 10 Words he draws on his experience and expertise to pinpoint the ten vital attributes that make successful managers and underlie great organisations, explaining:
- Why initial failure often leads to ultimate success.
- Why profits stem from a company's values, not its day-to-day business.
- Why competition should always be welcomed.
- Why simplicity leads to innovation.
- Why trust is the bedrock of effective leadership.
The result is an inspiring, thoughtful and supremely practical guide that will prove invaluable to all managers in all types of organisation.