Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 April 2013
So to start off with, this is an anthology, so it's rather hard to rate the book as a whole. I bought this purely because there was a Karen Chance story and I'm the type of girl who wants to own everything by their favourite authors.

It was a mix of some really good stories (I particularly enjoyed Zola's Pride by Moira Rogers, The Gauntlet by Karen Chance and The Son's of Ra) and a lot of really average ones. There was the usual paranormal romance cliché of supernatural angst ridden girl meets supernatural angst ridden boy. There were some where they already met. Obviously there were more than a few that were short stories that are spin offs from a main series. (See Karen Chance), the problem was that some of the stories felt like they had a lot more left to say and others seemed what could be an entire novel condensed into a few dozen pages and some that just didn't offer a lot.

However it's nice to be able to read one story and put it back down for the evening. Overall, it's ok, but I wouldn't rate it as the best anthology out there.
on 15 April 2013
I liked the short story type of book and this was very good indeed for this. It was rather surreal at times but most of the stories were good. If you lie an unusual book with different stories this is for you. I read the Mammoth Book of Ghost Love Stories first and bought this becuase I enjoyed that as well. When is the next Mammoth book out soon I hope.
on 17 March 2016
Excellent seller recommend thanks
on 9 June 2013
Enjoyed reading these short stories, made me want to read more of the Mammoth series of books.Also wanted to read more by some of the authors
on 22 April 2013
A very good read with something for everyone, I really enjoyed it, well done everyone for your contribution, well worth the money paid.
on 10 November 2010
This book is slow to what i like to read but would be a good book if u were new to the paranormal books
on 13 October 2010
Loved volume 1, just started reading volume 2, loving it, and promises to be at least as good as the first.