- Paperback: 32 pages
- Publisher: Tricycle Press; Bilingual edition (31 Mar. 2008)
- Language: Spanish
- ISBN-10: 1582462453
- ISBN-13: 978-1582462455
- Product Dimensions: 20.6 x 0.3 x 20.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 213,567 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Mama's Milk / Mama me Alimenta (Spanish) Paperback – 31 Mar 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
How do you go about explaining breastfeeding to your children? At best it can be a little awkward, and very often new moms wait until the new baby is born before approaching the subject with older siblings.
However, help is at hand...
I was recently asked to review the most delightful little book, Mama's Milk, written by Michael Elsohn Ross and illustrated by Ashley Wolff. Now, given that in my pre-baby days I was an English teacher and I often asked my pupils to write book reviews for me, it seemed at first a little odd to be the one writing the review, but to be honest I was quite honoured to oblige as book reviewing is something I have often wondered about.
So what did I make of Mama's Milk?
Written by Michael Elsohn Ross, a naturalist and environmental educator, the aptly entitled Mama's Milk is the perfect introduction to breastfeeding for young children.
At first glance, I was struck by Ashley Wollf's charming watercolour illustrations which succinctly evoke the softness and gentleness of the book's theme and bring the story beautifully to life. I found the images reminiscent of books I myself had read as a child.
As I proceeded to read Mama's Milk, I could sense the care and attention that the author had captured in his tender, poetic and almost lullaby style of writing. Familiar and unfamiliar mammals are placed alongside human mothers, all feeding their young in a wide variety of surroundings. Something all the mammals share in common is the nurturing relationship developing between mother and offspring, and the language used to convey this bond is perfect for young minds.Read more ›
The illustrations were beautiful and my son enjoyed looking at all the baby animals.
Full of interesting facts as well. A great book to share with your children how wonderfully natural breastfeeding is.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Lovely book which my daughter has enjoyed me reading and looking at the illustrations.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > Animals
- Books > Children's Books > Growing up & Facts of Life
- Books > Children's Books > Hobbies & Interests > Animals & Pets
- Books > Children's Books > Novelty & Activity Books
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help
- Books > Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > General