Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 October 2010
We plan to spend up to a year in Malaysia on a business assignment and, with a first 'recce' to KL imminent, I ordered this little guide to become more knowledgeable about the culture and customs of Malaysia. I've lived and worked in Thailand so know Southeast Asia--but knew little about Malaysia, a Muslim country and former British possession. I found this book really useful and sat and read aloud the first four chapters to my husband one Saturday morning. It gave us a good chance to talk about the trip and share what we'd learned, comparing notes (he'd just spent a month in KL so had recent first-hand experience). The book is brief, clear and makes all the sense in the world. It dovetailed perfectly with his recent conclusions and we're looking forward to sharing the second half shortly--and then getting on a plane.
on 29 May 2011
This pocket sized little book covers general travel advice such as food and where to stay. But it also does a little more than that - it explains how not to put your foot in it when communicating with the locals.

It also does this in a fun way that is aimed at both the casual traveller and those travelling to Malaysia on business. The chapter on business etiquette is both informative and very interesting.

This is an indispensable guide and make sure you take a copy if you intend to visit Malaysia. It will certainly help you to get the most out of your trip.
on 27 January 2014
Very informative. This guy definitely knows his 'onions'
We're planning a trip to Malaysia and this is a very useful guide.
Bear in mind this doesn't list accommodation or restaurants but it does give you an insight into this fascinating country.
I've read this book from cover to cover and now look forward to our trip more than ever.
on 20 March 2015
I found this wonderful. Great for an incite into the culture and customs. My family have yet to visit but are travelling soon for a wedding. Looking forward to visiting Borneo
on 8 February 2015
Bought as a present for someone going to work in Maylasia. She was delighted with it.