on 29 December 2000
This is a well laid out book with exciting recipes and useful tips on how to turn your home-made product into a beautifully presented gift. The recipes are easy to follow and use ingredients which if not already in your store cupboard are easy to obtain.
The book is divided into three parts: fruit liqueurs, speciality liqueurs and presentation of the liqueurs made.
This is one of the best liqueur books I have seen, it is a no-frills publications. If you want lots of glossy photographs this is not the book for you. If however you want a cook book filled with easy to follow recipes which produce results - this is the one for you.
This book is great value for money.
on 4 February 2010
This is the most delightful little booklet I have ever used to inspire a love of liqueur making. The recipes are simple and VERY tasty. I made several of them for gifts this past Christmas and they all went down extrememly well. There is a wide variety of recipes so sure to be something for everyone.
on 4 November 2011
Ok, so this little booklet is worth the £2.49 I spent on it but I wouldn't pay another penny more for it. Basically it does what it says on the box but it is so basic and the ideas so simple that a small child could come up with them. There are only 28 liqueur recipes but they all look good and they do at least use real fruit rather than extracts and oils. I have to disagree with a previous reviewer who said this is the best liqueur book she ever read. I think he/she should rephrase that to be it's the best little 'cheap as chips' liqueur recipe booklet he/she ever read, that'd be nearer to the truth because there are far better books out there than this and they are real books, not booklets. Like I said, it's a good little booklet for the money but there's far better books out there, you just need to do some research. At this price, this little booklet is totally ideal as a stocking filler for a beginner liqueur maker.
on 27 May 2011
A cute little book with some good ideas, great price so bought 2, so I could give one to a friend who has recently fell in love with making Sloe Gin. Happy days are just around the corner. A lot of the drinks are vodka based. Easy to follow, good advice & tips.
on 5 September 2010
Some good ideas for presents for the fast looming Christmas, OR just make and drink yourself.
on 18 May 2011
I would not describe this as a book, more a leaflet or brochure, not really good value for money. I have to say I was dissapointed with it, I t came with something esle in the same bix and I nearly threw it away it was so small. Some good littel tips for beginners but I could have picked that up on the net if I had thought about it.
on 22 August 2012
This is a fab, easy to read, easy instructions booklet with 'do-able' recipes in terms of ingredients with some unusual recipes too.
I am just in the process of making some plum liqueur so I might have to re-review when I know how it turns out!
on 26 April 2013
Was a little disapointed by this booklet, nice ideas just a little flat for a book that makes gifts. Will still have a go and making my own tipples just jazz it up a bit.
on 18 February 2014
I got this book to add to our collection of booze orientated reading matter. It is very good, but very short, just a pamphlet really.