Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Jan 2008 13:44:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jan 2008 00:51:26 GMT
Denno says:
Can I transfer and edit home movies from my Sony Handycam DVD camcorder discs and then burn to DVD with this item?
I currently, and have only used Windows Movie Maker, and this will not accept footage from a disc.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jan 2008 21:25:10 GMT
Graz says:
I don't have the answer but I would like to know the answer.I have tried converting Sony mini disks to a format that can be used by Movie Maker but the results are poor with pixalated images. Can antone provide the answer.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2008 17:56:26 GMT
R. Bannister says:
There is definitely a file option to select "Import DVD Camcorder Disc" (or something along those lines). Trial versions of Vegas are quite often given away with computer magazines so I suggest you look out for one of those and see if it suits your needs...

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jan 2008 11:07:40 GMT
Denno says:
Thanks, I have already taken a chance that I can do this and have ordered from Amazon, Still waiting delvery though. Ordered 9 days ago!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jan 2008 07:30:20 GMT
Yes I can confirm you can import from a DVD camcorder. Click on 'file' and then 'import' and you'll see the import from DVD Camcorder option. Alternatively, try the 'show me how' tutorial that will start when you first load Sony Vegas. This will take you through, step by step until you have captured your footage.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jan 2008 23:12:53 GMT
Denno says:
Jane, Thanks very much for your input, I'll let you know how I get on. Just hope it is as easy as WMM.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Mar 2008 14:45:12 BDT
Denno says:
I bought it, Ive tried it, I hate it!
Give me Windows Movie Maker any day.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jul 2008 14:29:07 BDT
A freeware program called Auto Gordian Knot (AGK) will convert VOB files to AVI which can then be picked up by Movie Maker.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Aug 2008 11:17:45 BDT
Tony says:
All,
I recommend checking out Magix Movie Edit Pro v14 Plus. A fully functional 30 day free trial version can be downloaded from www.magix.com. I have used earlier versions of this software for a number of years having tried many others and found this to be the best. The software has loads of features, is excellent value at £60 and most importantly - it works. It also supports HD (AVCHD) camcorders and Blu-ray discs. There is an excellent forum with some very knowledgeable users. There is also a standard version (no HD support) available for £40, but I recommend the Plus version if your budget will stretch.

Posted on 24 Mar 2009 14:30:03 GMT
I have created several copies of a movie with audio and rendered on Sony Vegas (PAL DVD) (mpeg concept2). Finished off in Architect and burned to DVD +R. Works on 2 out of 3 of my DVD players and on Media Player on my PC. However, some of the recipients of the disc cannot open either with their own DVD players or on Media Player. One comment has been the need to finalize before burning. However, I am reliably informed that there is no need to finalize on DVD +/-R with Architect. Any comments? Thanks. Kathy Webster
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  7 Jan 2008
Latest post:  24 Mar 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sony Vegas Movie Studio 8 Platinum Edition (PC)
Sony Vegas Movie Studio 8 Platinum Edition (PC) by Sony Creative Software (Windows Vista / XP)
4.1 out of 5 stars (37)