Do you think you have enough money? Do you feel really fulfilled by your career? Very few people can answer yes to both questions. Some of us can say yes to one or the other. But the majority of people would actually say no to both.
So what is it that is stopping you achieving your full financial & career potential?
Is it possible that taking steps to be fulfilled can actually be the same steps you need to take to get control of your financial situation (and vice versa). It runs completely contrary to what we've been led to believe - you can have lots of cash or a fulfilling job, but you can't have both. Unless you are one of those annoyingly rare people who turn their hobby into their job (and we've all read enough about those).
Make Money, Be Happy shows that a career is just one income stream, and that many others exist. It offers the reader a different life perspective, one that integrates career ambition with greater personal financial control. It blasts financial fear and stupidity and attempts to replace it with knowledge and the desire for personal financial action (in order to do the things you love).
The book provides lots of examples and basic finance tools and techniques to help you, the reader figure out
- Why you earn what you earn
- What you might really want to do with your life
- What your career choices will mean, financially
- What is the business case for you, right now, where you are
- The concept of day rate versus salary
- What is good to understand about investments
- Self destructive spending habits
- Ways to make a low income work harder
- Ways to make a high income feel like one
This book explains simple concepts buried underneath the jargon of financial management. The author digs so the reader doesn’t have to.