- Paperback: 96 pages
- Publisher: Puffin; New Ed edition (5 Oct. 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0140366415
- ISBN-13: 978-0140366419
- Product Dimensions: 0.6 x 13.3 x 19 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 142,229 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Mr Majeika and the Ghost Train Paperback – 5 Oct 1995
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Delightful (Daily Telegraph)
About the Author
Humphrey Carpenter worked at the BBC before becaming a full-time writer in 1975. He was the author of 14 of the well-loved Mr Majeika titles as well as two Shakespeare Without the Boring Bits titles for children. He was also the co-author, with his wife Mari Prichard, of The Oxford Companion to Children's Literature. He was an eminent figure in the world of adult literature and published award-winning biographies including, among others, those of J. R. R Tolkein, C. S. Lewis, W. H. Auden, Benjamin Britten and Spike Milligan. From 1994-1996 he directed the Cheltenham Festival of Literature and for many years he ran a young people's drama group, the Mushy Pea Theatre Company. He wrote plays for radio and theatre and was a regular contributor to the Guardian. Humphrey died in January 2005.