3.2 out of 5 stars1,411

on 6 June 2014
Please return this version to the previous one which was well laid out and easy to use. This new version is a total let down and not very user friendly for tablet owners and like many other reviewers I will not be renewing my subscription which is a pity as I was very happy with the original digital version
on 30 January 2014
l purchased a years supply of the online daily mail plus which came with a "free" kindle fire HD, great offer you might think, well it would be if the app worked properly. The paper is supposed to download at 6 am each day so that you can read it at your leasure in the day, again that sounds great. lt couldn't be any further from the truth. A lot of the time you get the message, "sorry the paper wasn't downloaded, would you like to download it now" or the app crashes, or pages are missing with just a blank screen. The amount of time that l've had to delete the app and reinstall it is unreal. Daily Mail needs to address the situation as there are thousands of similar complaints on the net, they grab your money, but can't be bothered trying to supply a product that works correctly. Please don't bother with this company and their online paper, it's total dross.
33 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 June 2014
Where to start? Currently 6 months into yearly subscription and can't see me renewing.
A very frustrating experience as the automatic daily download often did not happen and when it did appear to have done so, there we're likely to be sections of the paper missing - every annoying if you later were not in a Wi-Fi area when wanting to read.
Numerous days when attempting a manual download the application would refuse to action it, stating I did not have valid subscription.
The readability was also an issue, nowhere as pleasurable as seeing it in printed format - just lots of individual tidbits each with its own 'page'.
That was until ......... the new revamped format arrived yesterday on 5th June, initial impression very good, formatted to look like the paper version (possibly IS a replica), Each article could be tapped to show on a fresh screen or pinched/stretched to resize the original offering. Pictures were also resizable and portrait and landscape (double page) options available.... what more could you want?
Well, after the initial elation a few problems presented themselves, the application slowed considerably on the Coffee Time puzzle section, each separate entry on any puzzle took seconds then sometimes refusing to accept any keyed entry at all together with odd weird inexperienced. Had to reboot my Kindle Fire HD several times to clear these problems, noticed a small speed up after reset however some issues remained.
DAY 2 of the new 'improved' version, well it didn't auto download but I did get a front page (only), tried the normal swipe to see next page and told to accept download option to complete.
Since then unable to complete download - just freezes every time even after reset.
Don't they check before updating?!?!?!?!
Will it come back? Who knows.............
22 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Day 1 of new app was a disaster with blurred text, unreadable cartoons
and coffee break games that were either repeats off a previous issue, or when trying to load one another loaded instead. Day 2 on June 7 was worse as I now cannot open the app even after deleting it and reinstalling.
on 7 June 2014
Was unable to download new update until 5 pm yesterday. It is awful. Now have to zoom in to read each article. This makes it hard work. Before, print was uniform, much better. Recently purchased another newspaper app with this kind of format and cancelled immediately. I have mail plus for a full year but won't purchase again unless they go back to original format. Also, cannot download to second tablet. Message to Mail Plus - If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!!!!
on 7 June 2014
It was good while it lasted. Then came the catastrophic update of June 6th. The paper no longer downloads. You ring the helpline number and just are put in a queue which no one answers. You can request a call back - I am still waiting 30 hours later. You can email. You get an automated reply which says do not reply as the email address is not monitored. 26 hours later that is the only response I have had to my email. The update was a disaster and the subsequent customer service inexcusable. My subscription is due to be renewed on June 9th. I have cancelled. Goodbye - prior to this it was an excellent publication.
on 7 June 2014
My kindle fire HD is used for mailplus. Unfortunately mailplus won't ever automatically download each day. NOW you have changed things (6/6/14) and I can't get my Mailplus AT ALL.
HELP. I have emailed/phoned but no one has come back to me and I've almost given up. I'm paying £10per month and I have nothing but hassle. Been with mailplus since Nov. 2012.

Please sort this out. Tel. 01494 883429. Vivienne Ball
on 6 June 2014
I like other reviewers have a year's subscription, purchased in October last year. New update is so hard to read. Bring back the old version which I and other people purchased. New app crashes and freezes. Live News now just takes me to Mailonline!
Coffee break is not working properly. Whoever designed and changed the format has upset all your customers. Congratulations.
I won't renew my subscription.
on 7 June 2014
Not sure what they were thinking of with the recent updated version. I do not like the view showing the pages, if I wanted that I'd have bought a hard copy. Plus the navigation is not as good as before. Individual pages have to download after the original download is run, which still has to be manually downloaded each day as it doesn't automatically download on a daily basis. All in all, a backward step, why fix something when it wasn't broke in the first place?
on 6 June 2014
I purchased this in November and, while there were a few technical issues, it was a pleasant experience.

However, the newly designed app is dreadful - it just looks like the newspaper on the Kindle screen - which is already too small for reading newsprint.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS - It is a complete waste of money and an app that looks like is was designed 7 years ago is about as useful.