on 16 July 2013
This lock is really heavy duty and the code seems difficult to crack too. The only locks available at Halfords for this money were cheap and nasty.
I did not want it for a cycle, but to lock some heavy wrought iron gates into a church porch every night. It is already in daily use!
on 25 October 2013
Been using the lock for a fortnight now, and I have to say I'm very happy with it. It feels very strong and secure, though of course the flipside of that is that it is not the lightest object in the world to carry. In terms of core functionality, it it well engineered (one does not have to twiddle the combination to get it to stay together during transit, for example) and the combination lock is exactly what I was looking for, since I inevitably lose any key I own.
on 2 January 2016
I love this lock and use it all the time. It was easy to set and is easy to use and very sturdy and secure - no keys to lose! I've easily attached it to my bike.
on 5 December 2014
A very solid lock, in use on daily cycle for past 6 months and has never cause me one minute of trouble. A potential improvement could be a slidable cover to hide the combination section- I think thieves are more inclined to try their luck with a combo system. I found one guy playing with the combination returning to my bike one day, of course he was only "having a look". The frame attachment devise is not brilliant, and will not fit securely on larger framed bikes. Overall, an excellent lock that will provide peace of mind.
on 29 September 2015
Perfect for my Son at Uni to avoid carrying a key, decent clamp to hold it on the bike which is multi angle so you can fit it in various places and its a very solid piece of kit, easy to change combo,
on 26 October 2015
the reset calibration broke after the first use, seemed like a high quality product but am returning it and unsatisfied
on 5 December 2014
Nice, heavy lock with customisable combination lock. I love that it attaches right onto my bike out of the way, and I don't have to worry about keys. It seemed like such nice quality, I was really pleased with it! But after 4 months, the small end piece on the side that you twist to set the combination popped off, exposing a screw. I now have to regularly pop it back on, as it often falls off when I am entering my combination. I don't know if that screw being exposed compromise the integrity of my lock or not.. The lock still looks and feels heavy duty, but I wouldn't trust out if you're parking your bike anywhere shady or overnight... Very disappointing. Also, the anti theft guarantee is for US only.
on 29 January 2015
Perfect for the job, heavier than I expected but this is a serious anti theft guard.
on 24 February 2016
Bought two of these to padlock two sets of metal gates.
So far so good.