on 28 March 2014
I was captivated by this anthology that contains an eclectic mix of entertaining, interesting tales of paranormal fantasy. Each individual short story is richly imaginative and inspired, designed to push the boundaries of the genre with remarkable concepts. New to `flash fiction' I was unsure of what I would discover upon delving into the fray of witty supernatural women! I certainly did not expect a diverse range of darkly delicious stories, of sinister supernatural ambience and magnetic magic.

Each of the 7 stories is based upon the theme of "last night" and contains Witches, Werewolves and Vampires. The women cope with quirky magical powers {reminiscent of `Sabrina the teenage witch' combined with a touch of the three `Charmed' ones!}, all in one night. With cravings for blood and terrible trouble these women have a lot to cope with during the Magick hour! With a cast of colourful characters and full of dry wit and laugh-out-loud (slightly satirical ironic) moments, I was glued to the pages of this fabulous collection of fictitious stories.

I would rate this 3.5 stars as each story is short, light read and I did feel that there could have been slightly more depth to the narrative. Each individual storyline was innovative and most interesting, therefore I commend the author for the originality within each account.

Rachel Delane's "Magick hour, Vol 1. Last Night" is a thoroughly enjoyable read and one that I would recommend to lovers of flash fiction and spooktacular stories! I would like to thank the author so much for having the opportunity of reading her work.