on 29 November 2011
I was not sure what to expect from this and became less rather than more sure as I read! It is longer than your average short story but still a quick read. Fun main characters and a couple of twists. But above all it made me laugh, smile, smirk and chuckle time and again.

I also found Dolley's CSI plus magic world very engaging and intriguing. He managed to slip in a lot of information into this short piece without resorting to info dumping... quite a coup.

I would have to read again to really decide if it was quite worth the compliment, but the sleight of hand with language, the odd but pleasing combination of wit and silliness, and of course the quirky law enforcement setting, rather reminded me of Jasper Fforde.

I will certainly be keeping an eye out for Dolley bargains in the future, and this is definitely one of the best freebies I have had on Kindle.
I read this as it was short and promised humour - and yes, it delivered both, but the humour was of the slightly 'huh/snort' variety, rather than LOL.

You have to be in a certain frame of mind and to have certain expectations to read a humourous book where all revolves around a 2-foot long willy, so once that's out of the way, it's decent enough. I kind of looked at the cover, which reminded me of the 60'/70's saucy British seaside postcards from when I was a little girl, and thought that I knew what to expect; this was quite a clever ploy by the publisher/author.

Not a book that I will be keeping for a re-read, but as a female reader, I did think that even my hubby, who likes crime/magick/mystery/war/biography type books would actually think was a funny-enough read. Strangely, I don't think that my 19yo son would actually appreciate it, having been a fan of a certain Harry P, this falls far short on things magical.

A read-and-delete, basically, but not a total waste of time...
on 12 August 2012
Well...I think I've just returned from a parallel universe! Having read previous reviews I (sort of) knew what I was expecting. I usually read romantic comedy or biographies but this appealed to my "try something completely different" mood. And it was free!

It's a short story but long enough to actually tell the story without ending abruptly or leaving me feeling it should be part of a larger story. A CSI investigation - not at all the sort of investigation I was expecting - with futuristic use of magical abilities and a witty main character - Seb - with his unfortunate appendage. I liked Seb, found the story humorous throughout and couldn't put it down!

For a free download it was a good, enjoyable read and I would like to read more from this author.
on 6 December 2011
I was in the mood for a bit of silliness and this story was just the thing. The premise of a crime fighter with extra powers was clever and his 'difficulty' added a wonderful bit of slap-stick humour. I'll be reading more by this author.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 November 2011
Sorry, but only a male could think that the concept of having a mage receive a two foot long male appendage via a spell gone wrong is not only funny, but funny enough to be a the core of a series. Then again it is funny if you want the whole story to circulate around the mage hiding the darn thing and keeping it under control. What a completely bizarre storyline, I have read a lot of strange things, but this idea tops the kooky list. Saying that I am sure it will appeal to those with a off key sense of humour and apart from the super snake it was a good read.
33 comments6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 May 2014
I quite liked the (main) premise for this story. As in the magical crimes part. It seemed a good concept for a genre that I'd probably like reading.
As to the USP of this story - the 24 inches - I didn't find it too crude and it did add a bit of extra humour to the story that I did smile at a few times.
In summary, a fun, silly, easy, quick read.
on 4 December 2012
I downloaded this story as it was free. I am a man and must say that it is easy to relate to some areas of this story. I found myself laughing real belly laughs at times and loved the ending too. I would love to think that there will be a follow up to this. I like the idea of the mystic detectives.
on 16 November 2012
Not my usual preferred read and not what I was really expecting, but pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed this book because it was so different and intriguing...I just had to keep reading to find out 'whodunnit'!
on 6 May 2012
I really enjoyed reading this short story. I was intrigued by the title as it made me think of the Gene Pitney song that my Mum loved back in the sixties.
I loved Seb Kemp, and laughed out loud many times over his trouser problem.
I thought the story was very funny, well written with great imagination but felt it was too short and had a hurried ending.
It could easily have been a full length novel, there was so much material there and the ending is just begging for a sequel.
So please more of Sebs 24 inches from Tulsa, its just too good to leave it there!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 April 2012
I loved the general concept of the magical detective thing,but the whole penis-orientated problems got a bit boring for me, not having one .... I wish Amazon didn't post my comments as being by "Mrs!" it looks like I'm some sort of old-fashioned git, rather than that's what on my credit card .....

I would love to read another story in this series, I think the author has lots of great ideas.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse