on 29 December 2012
This Is the definitive book on the Scarfo years. "Mafia Prince" is the story of how the most violent crime family of all came to power and In the end Imploded, as "Little Nicky" began to trust no one, not even his most loyal "Capos". The story as told by Phillip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti starts from when Phil's father abandoned him and his uncle Nicky takes him under his wing, teaching him from that moment on about "Our Life". A must read book with treachery, and bodies every where. Before the end Phil has seen his uncle for what he really is and as he puts it "Several times in the mid 80s I came very close to killing my uncle" "What honour Is there In killing our most loyal captain, killing two men In front of their mothers and my uncle telling me to slit his wifes throat"

Phillip has admitted to killings and describes them in the book. Should a man sentenced to 40+ years in prison be allowed to walk the streets with a new I.D.? Read the book and see what you think. You won't be disapointed I have over 100 books on the U.S. "Mafia" and this one rates In the top 3. Buy it you won't be able to stop reading once you start. A page turner from the first page...

Also If you are Interested In "Mob" stories take a look at mobcandy.com. Let Frankie know If you visited after reading this review on Amazon europe.
on 7 May 2014
This book is such an excellent read for anyone who has an interest in the American mafia, very easy to read but hard to put it down.
Philip Leonetti describes his life in the Philly mob in his own words and describes how his uncle Nicky Scarfo became the most violent mafia boss in history, with his liking for killing, even within his own family and when that killing went to far when Scarfo orders the killing of one of his most loyal capo's Salvie Testa, that would eventually have Leonetti question his uncle's actions on La Cosa Nostra, this thing of ours and the life he lead in the Philly mob to become the number 2, under boss with ten killings under his belt.
Leonetti would eventually turn RAT and take down Scarfo and other bosses from other families, including John Gotti.
I recommend this book to anyone that has an interest in the mafia.
on 24 September 2013
I have to admit i enjoyed reading this book but my biggest concern is just how much Phil Leonetti tries to make himself look like a regular guy and how it wasn't his fault he had a gangster uncle who led him down a crazy path.

Over the years he has appeared on numerous tv shows in disguise as of course in the end when all the glamour was gone and he was left with a life sentence he turned rat,he is responsible for many inditments icluding John Gotti.

If you enjoy finding out about Mafia king pins this is the book for you,it goes into detail about one of the lesser known of the 5 families the and there top capo little Nicky Scarfo(the uncle) he was a total nutjob and responsible for hundreds of hits.
on 17 April 2014
Wow! I wish Philip Leonetti all the luck, which I think he already has, what a story,can't believe his uncle,certainly in the right place ,sad little man, have a happy life with you wife and family,Joy Page West Yorkshire England
on 4 September 2015
I really enjoyed this book and although Phil Leonetti was a bad person I could understand how he became like it while under the influence of his uncle Nikki.Like most people on the outside I find it incredible how they treated life so cheaply and people were murdered for the most trivial misdemeanors.I read a lot of mob books and this one sticks out as I believe every thing that Leonetti said although no doubt he saw the light at the end of the tunnel and new his days were numbered if he didnt flip to the F.B.I.. I have no hesitation in giving this book 5 stars
on 19 September 2013
I've read this book a few times since I finished it!

Crazy Phil gives a very good insight into all the mafia/ family's dealings and one on one interactions with various mobsters like his uncle Nicky Scarfo, Chuckie Merlino (Skinny Joey's dad), Bobby Manna (ex Genovese consiglieri), his meeting with John Gotti and why various mobsters within his family were murdered etc

Would recommend to those who enjoy reading about mobsters
on 18 June 2013
This book is a very interesting read, i struggled putting this book down as the matter of fact writing is very intriguing. Phil leonetti lived the life and had access to most of the notorious made members around at the time. Scarfo clearly had a lust for blood and phil was there for the ride. A great read for anyone who likes to hear the nitty gritty of a mobsters day to day life
on 18 January 2015
Very Informative first hand account of the philadelphia cosa nostra and the bloody reign of nicky scarfo, told by his nephew and underboss Phil "crazy phil" Leonetti. I would definitely recommend this for anyone who is interested in the american cosa nostra.
on 12 May 2013
One of the best mob books I have read. Fills in all the gaps of other books on the Philadelphia mafia. Every part of Crazy Phils mob career is covered including his relationship with his uncle. I would strongly recomend this book to any fans of this genre.
on 10 April 2014
Reasonable book, however if you have read any other mafia related books or seen any documentaries on the subject, no big revelations.