Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Madonna Complete Studio Albums. Missed Opportunity?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Feb 2012 16:58:32 GMT
D. Cowan says:
I notice that Warner Brothers is about to release a box set of all Madonna's official studio albums from 1983-2008. Great idea in principle, but it seems like a missed opportunity somehow. If only they had put a little bit of love into this project and remastered all of the tracks, added sleeve notes and photos and included remixes and 'b' sides, this would be an amazing collection for the fans. As it stands, only the first 3 albums are remastered with extra tracks...but they have been available for over 10 years. Also, why not include Who's That Girl? (i know it's a soundtrack and not that good! but it could have 12" versions of WTG and CAC as well as a remastered The Look of Love as well as live versions), You Can Dance, I'm Breathless (another Soundtrack, featuring Vogue, a huge hit) and Evita (yet another soundtrack) With so many excellent remixes out there, it's shame not to include them here. Also the timing is a bit off, would have been better to release an improved version of this package at an anniversary eg 25 or 30 year anniversary.
I have all the albums already, so won't be spending my money on this.

Posted on 24 Feb 2012 16:03:47 GMT
Warner makes a mistake with this release. First is nothing new for fans, its the same thing, discs that we already have, the remastered are the same and that no remastered not pass by this process. I think that if you want to make a large profit could be other projects, such as Virgin Tour complete, Blond Ambition Tour or Re-Invention tour, both DVD as BLU-RAY.

Now they don't have to ask permission to Madonna to edit material, only pay her the share.

But if you are not fan, this is a good step to collect her discography.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2012 01:52:14 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 18 Mar 2012 22:32:13 GMT]

Posted on 3 Mar 2012 21:16:15 GMT
Yeah whatever m.kovic...now why don't you crawl back to the hole you came out of!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2012 22:44:01 GMT
D. Cowan says:
Don't worry, I blocked him/her...obviously a psycho!

Posted on 5 Mar 2012 12:01:53 GMT
D.A.C says:
It would have been better to have an extra disc to include tracks that aren't on the albums. Who's That Girl, I'll Remember etc seems a shame to miss them out really.

I've got most of her albums, only missing Madonna and American Life, but I will probably buy this at some point to update the rest

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2012 12:19:42 GMT
D. Cowan says:
I'm going to wait until the next reissue, hopefully remastered with bonus material...it's just a matter of time!

Posted on 19 Mar 2012 01:34:02 GMT
Does anyone know if this set includes the "Explicit Editions"of Erotica, American Life???

Posted on 26 Mar 2012 12:15:09 BDT
Beavis says:
Yes please to remastering. Like a Prayer sounds like it's recorded in an elevator shaft compared to Confessions

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2012 15:24:22 BDT
D. Cowan says:
haha, yes you are right about this! LAP is desperately in need of a remaster. My perfect repackage would include LAP Shep Pettibone 12" Remix, 7" club mix edit and Immaculate Collection version, Express Yourself Shep Pettibone non stop express mix, Cherish extended version, Supernatural and Keep it Together 12" remix

With an artist as big as Madonna, you just know that there will be tons of repackaged products in the years to come, like they have done with Abba's back catalogue, including 'expanded' editions with a bonus DVD.

You can bet your life on it!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  16 Feb 2012
Latest post:  26 Mar 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about