Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 March 2014
I love Rae Earl. Well, she's shared three years of her intimate thoughts, passions, and fears with us. I have so enjoyed learning them, rooting for her all the way.

In this second volume of Rae's diaries, once again, the skillful editing of the adult author carries us fluently through her mind and story whilst perfectly preserving the feel of the angst-ridden scribblings of a sex-starved, obese teenager struggling with her mental health.

Somehow volume 2 of Rae's diaries is even more engaging and laugh-out-loud-funnier than volume 1. And this second volume brings us much more insight into the history and day-to-day experience of Rae's mental condition.

"God is after me and will kill me if I don't close the door 36 times."
... Wow.

Don't burn your diaries, Rae. You'll want those when you're eighty.
on 16 March 2014
I have never ever connected to a book or someone like I have to Rae Earl and her diaries. From start to finish I couldn't help but compare her downs to my own, the way she thinks, the way she views herself is me to a tee; and she's right, all we want is to love and be loved.

I feel I have a way to go but because of this fantastic woman I feel like I can be anything, do anything and maybe just maybe I can start letting others in and start showing me for who I really am.
on 22 February 2014
In our heads, even as grown ups, we retain some of the insecurities of our teenage years. We may look well adjusted in society but may still have obsessive thoughts about ourselves and others. This book, fairly different from the TV series, is a message of hope not just for anyone who has experienced mental health issues, but also for anyone who has ever suffered from self-doubt. Life does tend to get better. Well done Rae. What an inspiring woman. Read. This. Book.
on 5 February 2014
Darker than the original as Rae carries on in life, but every inch as funny and relatable. If you're looking for something like the TV adaptation, it's not going to make you happy. It's the very real (although abridged) account of a person with a mental illness.
on 19 February 2014
This book follows on from the first book my mad, fat teenage diary, I really enjoyed reading both books they are written in diary form and follow Rae Earls teenage years including her struggle with her mental health, her relationships with friends, boys and her mum, with happy and sad moments and lot's of laugh out loud bits. I'm glad Rae has shared her story she's very inspirational. It's easy to read I finished it in a few days I would definitely recommend reading it.
on 19 August 2014
I think this book should be handed out to all teenagers on their 15th birthday. Reading this compared to my own teenage diaries I think there are whole sentences and diary entries that are word perfect matches! Despite getting my a levels exactly 18 years after Rae, the truths in this book are universal and constant, and I wish I could have had this book to get me through those nights writing horrible things about myself in my own shabby notebooks!
on 15 March 2014
Such a brave lady to have bared her soul. I loved the music references from a time not so long before my own & sadly I understand some of the issues with which she battled. Written through the eyes of a teen with honesty as it was never mean to be released to the world. Enjoyable read & despite being quite different to the tv series you can still imagine the character who plays Rae when reading the books.
on 1 February 2014
I can't quite remember how or why a friend at work and myself got our hands on Rae Earl's first book. It was a massive flash back to growing up in a small town in Lincolnshire and waiting to get out of there (and being scared if I was capable of that). I found it hilarious, sad and wonderfully nostalgic. I remembered all those similar situations, nights out, the bullying, summer holidays, the friends, the crushes, the revision stress and the music. Then they made a tv programme out of the book I had told SO many friends to read! The second book of diaries did not disappoint. I was hooked. It made me realise that Rae really did something special by sharing these diaries. The second book leaves behind all the safety of school life. I have cried for her (I am a grown man!), I have laughed (actually almost wet myself at some bits) but I got to the end thinking GO RAE! She bloody did it! And so can you. Wonderful.
on 11 May 2014
Really good read glad to find out more about Rae and the latest chapter of her teens as always it was witty and honest and she loved hull not many people do lol!! They should try to get Rae to come back to hull in 2017 when they are uk city of culture
on 19 May 2014
I loved this book because there were so many parts that most people could relate to, even if their teens werent as troubled as Rae's. Her frequent references to the music of the time brought back lots of memories too. Brilliant!