The Macrobiotic Approach to Cancer
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£10.39+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 2 August 2010
The Macrobiotic Approach to Cancer has 179 pages and was published firstly in 1981 and the book I read in 1991. Without doubt it is a book which has a great deal of information . So far as I am aware I do not have Cancer, but many of my friends do and I am very interested in healthy diets and lifestyle, it was for this reason I was interested to read this book. The friends I know who are suffering from this terrible disease are all following doctors orders and do not share my view about this lifestyle. Many refuse to accept the issue of animnal products, I think more so since I have been a lifelong vegetarian and they think Im trying to convert them. I was infact a veggie because I just have never liked meat, it used to make me wretch when my mother insisted I eat it. I dont have a problem with keeping and killing animals so long as its in a humain way, but I do truly believe we are not natural carnivores, just look at the way our body is designed; a little meat occasionally would be ok for those who wish to, but not the way we have gone. Then ofcourse it makes sense to take plant food as near to the way it was grown as possible.
So this book is interesting to read with a great deal of good information. It has no recipes though.
I hope those who read this book, if they are in the unfortunate possition of being a Cancer sufferer, all the very best and much love in their lives to overcome their horrid situation.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 20 January 2013
The book is fantastic but a bit radical. I have learnt a lot. This book is good to understand about the history of macrobiotic and general understanding of how it works .
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again