on 7 May 1999
When I stumbled across this book I believed I'd be in for an enjoyable tale--what I got was a heart-pounding, laugh-out-loud, bite-my-nails, edge of my seat romance! The characterization is outstanding, the love scence. . .DELECTABLE, the story unforgettable.
You will find no corny, 'can I gag now?' prose or weak heroines here. What you will find is a great story and a great storyteller. Tanya Ann Crosby's wonderful gift for writing has made her my favorite romance author. And The MacKinnon's Bride? Well, I drop by once or twice a year just to say hi.
on 3 October 2014
A nice historical romance, which I enjoyed reading. The story flows nicely, the characters credible, and the plot is just fine. The only downside for me was that the author took so much effort to use the language of the time, which really is worth praising, but the rest was in American English. Maybe it's just me spending too much time in Great Britain, but I just thought that it was creating a small clash. That said, it absolutely didn't affect my reading in a negative way, and it's my only quibble with the story, so if we look at things from a positive point of view, I found nothing else to complain about :)
I liked this book, and intend to read the others in the series.
on 24 January 2013
Enjoyed this book every much , but Balfour castle is not in Northumbria as its states on chapter l as I live in Northumbria , it is in Scotland at the Orkney no Northumbria dialect for the lass character, but never mind it is still a very good read ,could not put it down and recommend if you like romantic books in the highlands of old times.
on 10 March 2013
I enjoy a good historical fiction, so I gave this a shot. It kept my interest all the way through and the historical period was captured well. I found myself examining all the secondary characters to see who was going to be the next hero in the series. I was only drawn to one and read that. Although I enjoyed this, and the subsequent story I read, I probably won't read any more, as it is rather formulaic. Worth reading though.
on 23 January 2013
This book is fantastic, you fall in love with the characters and care what happens to them. the story rattles at a good pace and the love scenes are exceptional. Hope the next book is as good.
on 10 January 1998
This is an up-beat, warm and witty midevil scottish romance. It is filled with humor, betrayal, and courage. This one made me sigh and laugh out loud. I especially enjoyed reading in an scottish accent. This is one of those books you just don't want to quit reading even when it's over.
on 20 January 2013
I always enjoy Scottish tales. First book I have read by this author. Enjoyable read so will go on to next one.
on 26 October 2015
The Mackinnon's Bride started of really well, the story was ticking along nicely, good amount of action, good amount of romance but then middle chapters were like they were stuck on repeat! It couldn’t seem to move forward, with the same scenes, same emotions, same dialogue. There were least four or five chapters where nothing really happened. I wouldn’t recommend this one as is very slow moving.
on 9 April 1998
A very well written book that takes your heart through every possible emotion and ends with a very contented sigh.
on 21 January 2015
This book sounded quite good but a weird mix of strange Scottish dialect, a blindingly dull and long journey and a not very mysterious murder mystery left me confused how this book got published. Has the writer ever set food on Scottish soil? Has she ever spoken to a Scot? Doubt it. The use of the word sassanach every other page was just downright silly. The story boring and characters stereotypes and very one dimensional. I quite like a good romance novel. This unfortunately was nothing like a good romance novel.