on 13 December 2012
This has given me all sorts of help getting to grips with my new Apple laptop (I've come over from Windows, so thing are a bit different!)
on 26 January 2013
Clarity at last. I now have a source of real help and guidance written in language with which I can cope!
on 1 February 2013
Having bought my first MacBook as a very senior citizen, I needed help changing my mindset from Microsoft. Mostly Mark's book does this, though at times I still have to consult my sons.
on 9 February 2014
My first 'Dummies' book. And the last.
Flimsy and superficial. Poorly structured.
First Mac, so it hasn't helped at all in impressing me that the Mac is in any way better than my Vaio.
on 27 December 2013
I was so excited to get this book to help me set up my new MacBook, but really it is no help at all. Badly organized, doesn't explain things clearly, not even an amusing read as most For Dummies books are.
on 7 January 2014
This not written for the UK market. After trying to understand it, I gave up and traded it in - it is a difficult read.
on 27 April 2013
I'd recommend this product for anyone new to Apple products. I dip into it when I am flummoxed and find an answer. Even the opening pages 'how to look after your macbook' got me thinking.
on 1 March 2013
Easy to understand, well laid out, found the information needed very easily .makes using my Mac laptop much easier to handle
on 14 March 2013
Don't know what I was expecting from the book, other than a good, honest plain talking guide to the MacBook that would give me the information and insights that I needed.

I doesn't deliver. Still a lot of intuition required to figure out the information contained.

I learn't more from the Apple web guide and playing with the lap top!
This claims to be easy to follow with no jargon, but I have not found it to be anywhere near as reader-friendly as other "Dummies" offerings - I find that I often need to read something through at least 2 or 3 times to get to grips with it.

However my main criticism is that the author seems to think he is funny, and insists on putting in lots of what I imagine are supposed to be "witty" asides which for me totally spoil the whole package. I really can do without meaningless comments like "Now ain't that just sassy!" or "Hot patootie!", they ruin the flow, and after a few minutes I just want to throw the book at the wall. Maybe I am getting old, or perhaps I am just too British!