on 25 June 2014
This car charger replaced several others which I have used over the years. To date I am extremely pleased with its performance. Notably it provides sufficient output to charge two Samsung smartphones simultaneously, which does not happen with others I have tried. Others have charged one phone successfully but do nothing if two phones are connected. This charger is supplied in different versions with varying power outputs to suit different phone batteries. Take a moment to ascertain the power output of your existing phone charger(s) and get the correct version of this car USB charger to suit.

Also this car charger has a low profile which, for me, means I can close the ashtray/cigar lighter cover on the car when not charging phones. Excellent product.
on 24 April 2014
After making the mistake of thinking all car chargers would provide the same amount of charge (they don't, don't try navigating using a Nexus 5 on a cheap charger!), I did a lot of research before choosing this, and I made the right choice. We can now charge two phones whilst also using one as a sat nav. The form factor is also the smallest I've seen, and really keeps the charger out of the way of the gear stick in our decrepit fiesta.
on 28 March 2013
I would recommend this charger as it is a very good quality and also very compact. This was very important to me as my car has a cover over the socket and this will close with the charger in the socket.
One thing I would say the charger has no power light to show power is on, but overall very pleased with this purchase and the seller.
on 31 December 2013
Having bought many of these that seem to last for a few weeks, this one has proven to be far more robust. It also has the added benefit that it is very compact and will allow it to be left in when I close the compartment in my Mondeo.

It is also great to have two 2 amp sockets, as most of these have one 2 amp and one 1 amp.
on 3 April 2014
It charges my ipad and that is all i was looking for. A small, cheap and stylish charger. Thumbs up!
on 8 November 2014
Ordered this along with a cheaper one for our other car. This one broke within 3 days, so the seller helpfully sent a replacement. The replacement broke within 2 weeks, whilst the cheaper one is still going strong.

All in all, poor product.
on 12 July 2013
There are a number of these in-car USB chargers of differing shapes, sizes, amps. My decision was based on not wanting to get the absolute cheapest, the fact this has a pull ring to help remove it from the socket, and that it has double 2.1a outlets.

I already had a car USB charger, but it was only serving 1amp and my new device was rated at 2amps. It was a low-profile one but alarmingly hard to remove. I had seen several of these which had two USB ports but only one of them would be 2amp. My understanding was that a device will only draw as many amps as it needs so I figured restricting myself at this point was silly. Hence why this one came to mind... it had the right power output with a handy pull-ring for very easy removal when you need the cigarette lighter socket for other things, and a nice compact design.

I need the charger as I use my phone as a satnav. Either my phone is particularly heavy on power while the screen is on, or else the charger doesn't deliver what it claims (I have no way to find that out) because my phone will lose a few percent on a journey. However, at least it is only a very modest reduction.

Also, I notice that there's a slight extra draw on the power from the car itself. Unfortunately, the radio station I listen to is at the limits of reception and this has the knock-on effect of making more of my journey filled with static. If I unplug the charger, the station will invariably come back. I'm not blaming the charger as such, but it does seem to have a heavier demand than my old one and you might find similar issues.

Overall, a device that does exactly what it is meant to and does it very well for the price.
on 23 May 2014
A compact little charger, it works fine, but causes noticeable (but not huge) interference on my car radio, so I've swapped to another & this one has gone back in the drawer
on 11 November 2013
Does not charge iPad iPod or blackberry. Awful product not fit for purpose . I purchased this specifically to allow me to operate , charge my phone etc in the car.
on 9 July 2014
it fits perfect and it worked for 1 day then the next day when i tried it it stopped working.... terrible product would not buy again.... waste of money