MGS3 cutscene audio problems

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Feb 2012 22:03:30 GMT
Steven says:
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone here has had any audio issues on cutscenes? On the non real-time cutscenes (with the images, with characters speaking but you can't see them) there seems to be a hell of a lot of stuttering with dialogue shifting around randomly. This is even more suspect when, a few seconds later, I'm in another cutscene (this time real-time - you can see the characters in motion) and there are no audio problems at all to be found.

Let me know if you have, and please contact Konami support if you do. So bloody annoying, because the rest of the game is fantastic. In-game is perfect (who would have thought 60FPS would make a world of difference?), Codec sequences are flawless and the in-game cutscenes are brilliant. Just those other cutscenes are letting down the show here.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Feb 2012 03:08:47 GMT
Hello There. I'll try to help.
That just happened to me but with Uncharted 3 and Batman:AC :/
Didn't know what to do, so I was radical: I formated the entire disk (made a backup before, of course) and I re-installed the firmware...it seems it's working fine until now.

Posted on 26 Feb 2012 09:41:19 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Feb 2012 09:42:34 GMT
Steven says:
Hmm, I only had a problem on Uncharted 3 at some points but nothing to speak of on Batman. Seems to be the case that some games have problems with different gamers! I would fear reformatting my HDD because of the sheer amount of stuff I have on it - at least 200GB at the time of writing.

That reminds me - I've played through MGS3 a bit more and am now at the start of the fourth boss battle (you know the one) and I haven't had a problem with those cutscenes. Maybe right at the end for one of them there was a problem, but in the rest of them there have been zero problems and the regular cutscenes have been fantastic.

Posted on 26 Feb 2012 16:23:35 GMT
True, same system but different issues.
This kind of stuff is, in fact, really strange.

Yeah, in your case, formatting should be the ultimate resource. 200GB is no joke. When I formatted by, I only had to backup 40Gb, but nevertheless it took me 1h lol

You can also try to "rebuild data base" or even "restore system file", it should be relatively fast. Google it to know how to do it (I don't know it by heart).

I don't have my MGS HD yet, but when I do, I'll post here if I had the same problem you did.

Posted on 26 Feb 2012 17:00:34 GMT
Steven says:
Thanks for that - just jump straight onto MGS3 and the first two briefing cutscenes are the ones I had a lot of problem with. You'll have the images moving as usual but the audio jumps around. And a few days ago it froze my PS3 on the 'Snake Eater' music sequence before I got to the menu section. Very, very annoying!

Posted on 26 Feb 2012 19:07:33 GMT
Ok, I'll do it.
Unfortunately, my PS3 has already frozen more times than expected this last month, before I re-installed the firmware.

So, every time those cut-scenes are being played you have that problem, right? Does this version (I can't remember from the original MGS3) has some kind of "theatre menu" where you can watch all cut-scenes? If so, try to watch them and see if you got the same issue.

Posted on 26 Feb 2012 20:49:46 GMT
Steven says:
There is a "briefing" option where you can see the briefing for the Virtuous Mission and Operation Snake Eater. The VM one can sometimes be watchable, but as soon as "Sokolov" is mentioned it can sometimes get very, very jumpy. Operation Snake Eater isn't as bad, but the briefing about Volgin is terrible. Almost as soon as it starts there are a lot of problems - it literally wouldn't end unless I pressed X. But that being said, I have watched other cutscenes like it and I haven't had a problem.

Posted on 27 Feb 2012 20:47:28 GMT
ah ok ok!
I'll verify if that also happens with me!
First week of march I'll probably have my copy.

Posted on 2 Apr 2012 23:53:44 BDT
Hello There!
Yes, it happens to me a similar thing. It looks like the voices are a bit unsynchronized, but it happened to me all the way to the end of the game. Its not very very noticeable, but it's there sometimes yes! I bet it's a up-scaling (to HD) issue, since the game comes from ps2.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  15 Feb 2012
Latest post:  2 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Metal Gear Solid HD - Collection (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid HD - Collection (PS3) by Konami (PlayStation 3)
4.9 out of 5 stars   (118)