is Canon PIXMA MG7150 All in one printer economical on cartridges and can you use compatibles?
asked by Mike on 16 Feb. 2014
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
This is a fantastic printer and economical because of the 6 cartridges! You can also get packs off amazon quite cheap. Ive had mine for 6 months and its still going on the original cartridges and we use alot of photo prints.
Peter answered on 16 Feb. 2014
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes and yes. I print a lot on my MG 7150 and bought the empty non Canon refillable cartridges, along with bottles of ink at the same time as buying the 7150 and am happily using them now. Saves a fortune in not having to buy the genuine articles. Excellent printer; photos, documents and CDs/DVDs.
Amazon Customer answered on 16 Feb. 2014
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use refillable compatibles successfully
GH Foster answered on 16 Feb. 2014
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Sorry, haven't had it long enough to know if it is economical on ink. I use it for my best photographs, especially black and white studies, as it has a grey cartridge as well as the usual m, y and c, so I always use canon cartridges.
Ms P. Down answered on 16 Feb. 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We are still on our original set so cannot say for sure how economical the printer is on ink. We did not purchase this printer for its ink consumption but for print quality, we have not been dissapointed by the print quality in any way. There are compatible inks available but we have tried any and will certainly stick to originals until the warranty runs out.
lucy locket answered on 16 Feb. 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is not all that economical but I am still on my initial set of inks. I don't use it much. Although I have not tried compatibles I will certainly be buying them instead of the official Canon inks.
Amazon Customer answered on 16 Feb. 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Not economical on cartridges. Have never tried to use compatibles so can't comment
Bright_Star9 answered on 16 Feb. 2014

A
Hard to say on economy - just finished the cartridges that come with the printer after a couple of months of moderate use. Replaced them with compatibles that cost £17.99 from First Inks (from Amazon) - seem fine.
MR S. answered on 16 Feb. 2014

A
sorry not had printer long enough to comment but so far seems reasonably economical - I don't use compatibles as a rule as I found they created problems with previous printers.
David Grace answered on 16 Feb. 2014
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product