Your 2-in-1 Self-Paced Training Kit
EXAM PREP GUIDE
Ace your preparation for the skills measured by MCTS Exam 70-503—and on the job. Work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover each exam objective. Then, reinforce and apply what you’ve learned through real-world case scenarios and practice exercises. This official Microsoft study guide is designed to help you make the most of your study time.
Maximize your performance on the exam by learning to:
- Define and implement service contracts
- Configure client and service endpoints across transport protocols
- Customize service behavior; host and expose services
- Add instrumentation to services, including end-to-end tracing
- Implement transport, message, and user level security
- Consume services through proxies and agents
- Manage the service life cycle—instances, sessions, transactions, concurrency
Assess your skills with the practice tests on CD. You can work through hundreds of questions using multiple testing modes to meet your specific learning needs. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
Your kit includes:
- 15% exam discount from Microsoft. (Limited time offer).
- Official self-paced study guide.
- Practice tests with multiple, customizable testing options and a learning plan based on your results.
- 225+ practice and review questions.
- Code samples in Microsoft Visual Basic and Visual C# on CD.
- 90-day trial of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition.
- Case scenarios, exercises, and best practices.
- Fully searchable eBook of this guide.
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.