From the Back Cover
Covers the critical information you need to know to score higher on your 70-642 Exam!
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and services
- Work efficiently with Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Manage advanced server features such as Server Core and Hyper-V
- Configure routing, including RIP and OSPF-based routing
- Secure networks with firewalls, policies, IPSec, authentication, Network Access Protection, and the Baseline Security Analyzer
- Configure DNS servers, zones, records, replication, and client computer name resolution
- Manage remote access, from NAT and VPNs to RRAS and RADIUS services
- Implement secure wireless access using SSID, WEP, WPA, WPA2, and group policies
- Configure file and print services, including disk quotas, DFS, and EFS
- Establish efficient automated backups and manage restores
- Monitor network performance and events
- Streamline updates with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
CD Features MeasureUp Practice Questions!
- Detailed explanations of correct and incorrect answers
- Multiple test modes
- Random questions and order of answers
- Coverage of each 70-642 Exam objective
About the Author
has been a PC technician, network administrator/engineer, design architect, and security analyst for the past 16 years after graduating with a bachelor’s degree in physics from the University of Akron. He has taught many computer and network classes at Sacramento local colleges (Heald Colleges and MTI Colleges), and participated in and led many projects (Heald Colleges, Intel Corporation, Miles Consulting Corporation, and Pacific Coast Companies). For his teaching accomplishments, he received the Teacher of the Year award
from Heald Colleges and he has received several recognition awards from Intel. Previously, he worked as a product support engineer for Intel Corporation Customer Service, as a senior network engineer for Virtual Alert supporting the BioTerrorism Readiness suite, and as a senior design architect/engineer and training coordinator for Miles Consulting Corp (MCC), a premiere Microsoft Gold partner and consulting firm. He is currently a senior network engineer at Pacific Coast Companies supporting a large enterprise network. He holds many certifications, including the Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, MCT; MCITP CompTIA’s A+, Network+, Server+, Linux+, Security+ and CTT+; Cisco CCNA; and Novell’s CNE and CWNP Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA). Over the last several years, he has written several textbooks for Prentice-Hall Publisher, including Troubleshooting the PC, Networking with Windows 2000 and 2003, Linux, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, and the Acing Series (Acing the A+, Acing the Network+, Acing the Security+, and Acing the Linux+). He
has also co-authored ExamCram 70-290 MCSA/MCSE Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment, 2nd Edition Exam Cram, has written 70-620 MCSA/MCSE TS: Microsoft Windows Vista, Configuring and is currently writing Exam Cram 70-643: Windows Server 2008 Application Platform, Configuring. In addition, he has completed the study guides
for the A+ certification exams for Cisco Press.