on 12 November 2009
Bought two of these keeping one clean and the other with milk in it for tea/coffee etc, use the clean one each morning when the other gets washed up. Sits in the fridge door neatly, doesn't take up much space and doesn't look unsightly on the worktop either. Also a nice to use on the table at breakfast for cerial - bigger sizes for larger families.
My only grumble is that the white lid is a little fiddly to wash easily due to it's shape underneath and has fairly sharp edges - wouldn't really cut fingers but can snag wash-up sponges.
on 13 April 2012
Some reviews appeared to have negative comments on the lid. Either it has been re designed or they did not use it properly. The lid could not be bettered for purpose and the glass is satisfyingly thick and reminds me of when things were made with pride.
We have our milk delivered and milk bottles drip, leave ring marks and the bottle tops are messy and unhygenic when in use,
This beauty of a jug gets around all those issues plus it can be put on the breakfast table with ornamental rather than tatty effect.

And if further proof of its excellence was needed my missus didn't demand I send it back. I rest my case.
on 12 July 2012
I bought a pair of these jugs. They are easy to clean and store. Just take the jug of milk, juice or water to the table. Fits well in fridge door. Came well protected in cardboard box. Very pleased with purchases.
on 27 December 2011
I bought 2 of these and they are good for putting on the table, minus the lids, for water/wine. Not big enough? Top them up again! Nice to handle and easy to pour. I am very happy with them. Delivery excellent as usual.
on 27 August 2012
perfect for fitting bin a fridge door and taking to the table as i use bottle milk delivered to the door so this works perfectly instead of the bottle
on 6 May 2010
I knew what to expect from the jugs and got exactly that. They are sturdy and just what I need. There isn't much more one can say.
on 3 May 2011
This is the second of these jugs that I have bought as I was delighted with the first. They are brilliant. I use them in my holiday lets as they stop milk from spilling when guests open the fridge door.They fit well and are easy to clean and being glass look more acceptable on a table than plastic.
on 11 November 2013
We buy our milk in 2-litre bottles. These don’t pour small quantities very well (for making cups of coffee, etc.), so we decant some into these 0.5l jugs.

Our original one (very old, source unknown) got broken, so we ordered two of these (which appear identical to the original) as replacements.

They do a good job: they are the right size for the purpose, and having a square-ish cross-section they store easily in the fridge, either on a main shelf or in the door racks. They pour much less messily than the 2-litre bottles.

The only thing I’ve noticed is that – although they look absolutely identical – sometimes one will drip a little from the spout after pouring but sometimes it won’t. I can’t tell whether that’s a minute difference in the shape of the jugs, or in the plastic lids that snaps into them. Either way, it’s a not a significant problem.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 October 2011
Sturdy 500ml jug. The lid clips into the neck and needs a little pressure - not a problem for us. It fits into the door of our old fridge. We bought 2 as they are a useful size.
on 29 June 2013
Not very good quality, it arrived completely broken. Bit on the small side, plastic lid not particularly attractive. First Amazon product I've received in this condition.