Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.09

on 26 February 2016
I love the tracks on this album, they are really soothing. Slightly ruined by the tracks that are just talking. It will be playing and you'll be dropping off to sleep and then a talking track comes on and it's a bit jarring. Baby doesn't seem to mind though so that's the main thing!
on 11 March 2014
I liked the quality, although some of them are little more than spoken nursery rhymes. The songs are good, and just pitched right for soothiness. I think I resorted to trying this when my baby was too grouchy for soothing with songs though ;)
on 27 November 2011
I was recommended this CD by another mum and it is absolutely gorgeous. From the 1st time I played it my son broke into a huge smile. He loves it and it will calm him at any time of day, even if he is having a real crying fit. I don't think it is something that he could fall asleep to as he enjoys listening to it too much, but I haven't yet tried leaving it on. I agree that it would be better without the spoken rhymes but I love all the songs and have to admit to being reduced to happy tears a lot of the time when playing it
on 3 August 2011
This CD is amazing! Our little girl is 4 months old and she is not a fan of napping or going to bed. This CD works wonders for calming her down to the point that she now very often just lies peacefully in her cot and drifts off to sleep while it's on. I would never have thought that was possible a month ago! It has definitely worked for us!

Another great thing about it is it that it's nice to listen to which you appreciate when you've listened to it for the 100th time!

I would highly recommend it and I'm planning to buy copies for my friends when they have their babies!
on 8 December 2010
My 2 year old and I have been listening to Lullaby since she was born and I've used the album to sing along during her wakeful moments at night, teething, sickness and have left her listening to it when she just needs to chill out on her own. My 1 year old son loves all the songs too, which he's been listening to it since the womb, and Sophie's soft and gentle version of twinkle twinkle lightens up his face even in his darkest moments.
Music is a really precious and exciting way of building up personal methods of communication with your children and Sophie has provided us with something many parents are crying out for - good lullaby music to sing along to that won't drive you made. Through Lullaby I've rediscovered the nursery rhymes whose words I only half knew before. I've searched high and low for equivalent albums and everything else has turned out to be fairly disappointing. Toybox and Snowflake are great additions. I just hope Sophie will do more!
on 28 April 2013
I love almost all songs on this album. Sophie has a beautiful voice and the songs are soothing and calming on my little girl which helps her settle to sleep. My only criticism is three of the songs are actually spoken rhyme (ride a cock horse, the owl and the pussycat, there was a crooked man). Because there is no musical accompaniment and they are not sung in the usual floaty voice that the other songs are, they come across more abrupt and interrupt the soothing lullaby flow, and purpose of a lullaby album.
on 16 August 2010
I downloaded this collection of lullabies for my two month old baby to help her sleep. It is a lovely collection of classic lullabies, sung by a soothing British female singer. We often play the lullabies at bathtime and sing along! The only downside of the collection is that there are one or two nursery rhymes spoken randomly between the lullabies and these are quite abrupt and wake up our sleepy baby! Therefore, i would advise to remove these tracks if you want to use the collection to send a little one to sleep!
on 23 June 2011
My daughter loves this lullaby CD and has listened to it in bed every single night for the past month. She would give it five stars ... I am giving it four because I think that the "talking" tracks are an unnecessary disruption between the lovely soothing songs, having said that I would thoroughly recommend it if you have a child who has trouble dropping off.
on 20 August 2010
I love this CD - it is absolutely fab. My mum bought this for my children and I love it. The songs are just lovely and soothing and we listen to it every night. One of the best CDs for lullabies and I would definitely recommend it.
VINE VOICEon 21 September 2014
Most "baby" CDs are unlistenable - sweetly sickly rubbish, with lousy production values and cheap synths. Bubblegum mixed with saccharine. kids love em but as an adult you quickly lose the will to live.

Not this. This is brilliant. Gentle, soothing lullabies, made by people who sound like they care, and record them in a style that is not only tolerable for adults, but actually you enjoy listening to it. The only downside is, as other reviewers have noted, the spoken tracks. It does disturb the mood. But you can easily ignore them on the playlist.

Recommended. Highly.