Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More

I'm an impatient kind of guy when it comes to wine and tend to quaff the moment I've opened the bottle. My first smell and taste evidenced what I can only really describe as cat-pee and Vimto, but after allowing it a decent airing it improved to present a more mellow, creamy quality. It definitely needs to be allowed to breathe. It doesn't really have the kind of depth, the earthy, chocolatey smoky, slightly spicy quality one might expect to find in a really good bottle of Carménère and I've had better ones just from the local supermarket (T*sc*). 3½ stars rounded up to 4.

The bottles are screw-top. The packaging was ridiculous overkill, as the bottles were surrounded by huge plastic airbags which might have been used to cushion a Mars lander - wasteful and non-recyclable.
on 24 January 2014
A very decent Carmenere at a fair price. Very well packed and speedily delivered Thank you, my wife was pleased to receive 6 bottles for Christmas.
on 29 May 2015