on 16 February 2010
I bought this book after seeing some extracts in Glamour magazine which showed some of the cute, funny and odd 'love' notes in this collection. I have to say that I was slightly disappointed by the final product. The notes shown in Glamour were probably the only ones that were genuinely interesting and the book overall seemed disorganised and a bit misleading - overall a pretty average collection, but not something to waste money on in hardback and not something to pick up if you're looking for a collection based on romance.
on 9 July 2010
Really disappointing book. Saw the article in Glamour magazine, bought this for my boyfriend for Valentines day. I was suckered! Sounded much more interesting than it actually was. Pretty average collection of love letters, not that funny, could find better material on the internet! Sites such as Postsecret for instance.
on 6 February 2012
I've decided to create my own review after reading comments that were quite negative. Of course, it's a matter of opinion but I feel that someone needs to stick up for this book. Personally, I found it hilarious. Some of the notes weren't very funny or didn't hold my interest at all but overall I loved reading this book. The notes are seperated into sections so you can read different types. I recommend this book as well as Oonagh O'Hagen's previous book "I Lick My Cheese" which is even funnier and generally more successful than this.
on 15 July 2013
Most of the notes in this book are NOT love notes! Some are mildly amusing, some are downright weird, and I am not sure the author's comments are necessary for every note. It is ok, but not as good as the author's other book "I Lick My Cheese and other notes from the frontline of flatsharing"