on 5 April 2015
I was gifted this book in exchange for my honest thoughts and a review.

This is the first book in the wonderfully romantic and funny Balleybeg series. Iv never read any books by Zara Keane and when my copy came through i just new this was something special and i was right within 10 pages i was roaring with laughter.

In this book we meet Fiona and Gavin who think there lives are great until there worlds collide by something they did in there past they say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas huh .......

In just three days Fiona has to leave Ireland on her adventure of a lifetime, And Fiona Byrne cant wait but she has to return to her small Irish home town to attend the family wedding straight from hell. But thats not even the real problem as when she discovers with her friends help and through Google that the drunken vows she and the groom Gavin exchanged during an extremely wild Las Vegas trip eight years ago are real.

So does this mean they are legally married? Fiona is confused and with allot on her mind and all her plans and big dreams of Australia, well they are spiralling out of control.

Can Fiona find a way out from the man who broke her heart so many years ago?

Gavin Maguire's life is good way low on drama. But there's one thing Gavin had not reckoned on and that's a blast from the past Fiona, she is blasting back into his life and is crashing his wedding. And all this in the space of just twenty-four hours, he loses almost everything that includes his fiancée and his job, and all in the same time he gains a reluctant wife and a labradoodle by the name of wiggley poo . Can he salvage anything from his life? But more importantly, can he Gavin Maguire resist losing his heart all over again to his reluctant wife Fiona?

I was enthralled by this book Zara Keane so knows how to use humour in just the right way this book is well written and fast paced with plenty of twists and turns to keep you guessing through out the entire book.

Fiona is the bomb she is a sassy gorgeous woman with a mouth on her that can make plenty of people blush right to there roots,

Some of my Favourite words have to be Feck and eejit they are classic.

I cannot stop talking about this book to everyone, and i simply cannot wait to read more from this fantastic series.

5 Out Of 5 hearts From Cariad Books
on 2 August 2014
First things first... I am not a lover of romance.
I gave this one a shot on a rainy weekend to see what I'd get from it. And what did I get? Pure and utter enjoyment.
Having my flat mate stick her head over the balcony edge wondering what I was laughing out loud about, sums it up nicely. It was funny, entertaining, made me cringe and giggle.
The characters are likable, the plot works and the dialogue is smooth and realistic.
Despite my first sentence I look forward to the next one.
on 10 November 2014
I loved this, a nice sweet romance about Gavin and Fiona who find out on Gavins wedding day (to Fiona cousin) that they are actually married to each other after a drunken Vegas wedding 8 years ago.
so with a jilted high maintenance bride, a sleazy uncle, a bookshop that's going under plus throw in best friends, a uncontrollable dog, a unplanned pregnancy, Birdie and the major what could possibly go wrong or finally right???
Fiona is a character everyone will enjoy and love, she's a feisty quirky good girl who has been in love with Gavin for years.
Gavin at first I felt like he was a selfish twat with how he spoke to Fiona and blamed her but as him and Fiona spend more time together and feelings were unearthed he's actually not a bad guy at all.
overall for me a short sweet enjoyable romance that everyone girl will enjoy

looking forward to liv and Jonas story :)
on 21 April 2015
This book was brilliant!

I cannot count the amount of times I laughed out loud at the antics of the characters. This book is extremely well written, has a great storyline and characters that make you feel you've known them for years!

This was the first book by this author I have read and I will be reading everything else she has written or has yet to write! Simply inspired!
Love and Shenanigans, (Ballybeg 1), A Ballybeg Romance ,Zara Keane
Review from jeannie zelos book reviews

I like contemporary romance with some heat and here I found it. Gavin – why on earth he was marrying Muirann was beyond me... they seemed to have little in common. Still, its the moment that the priest is about begin the wedding and …..it all comes out. All hell gets let loose with tears, disaster and comedic moments.
Fiona, she's Muirann's cousin, and they've never got on. Fiona was brought up by an aunt after her family were all killed in an accident when she was a child, and Muirann is the only daughter of wealthy, pompous parents. – wow the heat between Fiona and Gavin, how could they have let that go? but it was several years back and maybe that gap to grow was needed. Now though – they sizzle and neither are sure what to do about it, but they both agree the sex is great!
Muirann is a typical spoiled rich girl, never misses an opportunity to belittle Fiona, and her mother is the same. ?They sneer about her clothes, her weight ( though she's lost that and has a terrific figure now) and her lack of money. Fiona is a confident person and yet back in the village, getting snarked by her aunt and cousin brings back all her insecurities.
Its not just romance here, but a tale of families and a small Irish village. There's the usual gossip, break-ins, misunderstandings and add to that some devious dealings and lots of humour, and this becomes a fun read with enough to keep me reading til the end. And the end: loved it. I do like everything tied up neatly. There were parts though that seemed a bit overdone, where the humour felt forced, but fortunately there was enough interesting things to overcome that.
Stars: well, it was a fun read but a one off only for me, and four stars.
ARC supplied via Netgalley.
on 17 May 2014
This fun & funny romance features Gavin & Fiona, who find out (on HIS wedding day to HER cousin) that they are already married .. to each other! Set in Ireland with a cast of engaging characters & a doggie disaster Labradoodle.
on 2 August 2015
This book was an easy read a pleasant surprise the story of past discretion catching up with the soon to be groom.
The characters and the plot were well-written definitely brightened up a wet an drizzly weekend
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I liked Gavin and Fee. But I don't think I like the other characters, particularly Olivia (pathetic girl married to a lawyer but doesn't like him meh).
on 3 August 2015
This is an easy read. Bit of romance, bit of drama, highs and lows and a bit of Ireland to top it off.
on 30 July 2014
Love and Shenanigans is the first part of the Ballybeg series. Love and Blarney (Ballybeg, #1.5) will be released in Septermber 2014 and Love and Leprechauns (Ballybeg, #2) in November 2014.

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, right? Not this time. Eight years ago Fiona Byrne was in the U.S. for a year abroad. Gavin and a couple of friends visit her to spent a holiday in the land of so many possibilites. On a drunken night out they decided to go to Vegas. What happens in Vegas when you’re drunk? You get married by an even more drunk Elvis i... The morning after the wedding Gavin paid Elvis off and made sure he doens't register the papers. Gavin leaves the country and also Fiona with a broken heart.

Fiona lives in Dublin now. She has big plans on her plate. For many years she saved up her money for a trip to Australia. Three days before leaving Ireland she returns to her hometown Ballybeg to attend the wedding of her cousin Muireann. Who is her husband to be? No one else as Gavin Maguire. Does this sound like trouble? Yes, it does. On the day of the wedding, Olivia, Fionas best friend, finds out Fioana and Gavin are leagally married. There is no better moment to crash his wedding and spread the news. How will they take the news? Will the wedding ceremony go on?
What about Finoa's and Gavin's old feelings for each other? Will they come back to life?

Love and Shenanigans was an unexpectly good read. I have so many books on my pile, I somtimes just forget what the story exactly is about before I start reading. I just jump into the cold water and let take myself by the surprise. This novel was not only romantic with a well paced unfolding plot and contemporary love story, it was also powerfully touching and heart melting.

The book is told, cleverly, from Fiona’s and Gavin'spoint of view, which worked beautifully. I found myself fully engaged in the book, and thoroughly ensconced in the lives of Fiona and Gavin. Fiona and Gavin were beautiful to read about, both equally wonderful and easy to fall in love with and I was cheering for their friendship and romance from their first encounter.

The characters are a great bunch of people, and once you get to know them, they become so real it's crazy! Olivia, Fionas best friend. Aunt Birdie. What a great quirky old lady! Muireann, the total bitch of the story. She is the typical princess, the rich and always get what she want kind of girl. Oh god, how much I hated her. And the rest of Muireann family who tried to scamm Fiona and her aunt over her mothers will.

I'd recommend Love and Shenanigans to anyone who enjoys a bit of drama, a bit of bitchiness, and a lot of giggles. It's funny, charming irish romance with heart, heat and depth. I couldn't have asked for more!