on 1 March 2013
Single mom, Leah, moves to a new town with her 2 tons (one of them a genius) and her grandfather who is an inventor. This family has a way of getting into trouble which is the reason that they have moved around so often. Their dog, Arnold, is no exception and gets into trouble of his own, brining the hot Dr. Shane O'Grady to Leah's door. They do not get off on the right foot, but the attraction is mutual. There are nosy, annoying neighbors, troublesome dogs, kids causing trouble and much more. It was a quick read and the story moved along so quickly, I read it in one sitting because I needed to know what was going to happen next! It was a very enjoyable read and I definitely recommend it. I received a copy of this book in order to review it.
on 18 October 2014
This is a fun romance about Leah, moving to a new neighborhood with her two sons, grandfather and pet beagle. They don't have the best luck in being able to stay in one place because her grandfather is an inventor whose experiments often go badly. It doesn't help that her six year old son is a genius who wants to fly and keeps trying different machines to help him accomplish this. The beagle, Arnold, doesn't help them to be liked by the neighbors when he repeatedly chews up Shane's newspaper. Shane happens to be the mayor and a doctor who is widowed but won't let go of his past.

It's pretty funny that Arnold somehow keeps getting out to visit his new love, Princess. Princess is Shane's purebred Bichon Frise so when she is pregnant, Shane is understandably angry. But the more he visits Leah to vent his anger, the more he realizes his attraction to her. They eventually decide to have a casual relationship with no commitment but find out that's easier said than done.

To make matters worse for Leah and her family, Ned, the self appointed neighborhood watch person tries to have the family kicked out of the small town because of all the issues with the grandfather, son and dog.

While this was a fun story, I had problems with the characters. First I thought the information about genius' was too extreme and Leah was too extreme in her thoughts. The inventor grandfather was also just weird. And then the doctor turned out to be highly intelligent! I think you got the drift that I just didn't like the characters in this book.

Just because someone has an IQ of a genius does not make them as intelligent as this book makes them out to be. Yes we do associate a genius as being extremely intelligent but the author made the 6 year old into a weirdly intelligent person. She made the mother seem none too bright because she seemed to believe that just by telling someone that her son was a genius that would intimidate them and make them go away. I guess you have to live with one to really understand that a genius is not so intimidating. All in all, the author could not have researched this topic before writing about it.

The blurb about second chance at love with dogs involved sounded cute and I was looking forward to it. While the story line was nice, the characters were not. They ruined the story for me.
on 7 August 2015
When I read a book I all ways finish it ,even when I am board with it. Always hoping that the ending will pull it together. The story line was week. Not a good romance ,more of a not so funny comedy farce. The characters are likeable . The ending felt rushed. Not read this author's books before. but feel this story would work well adapted for on a stage as a play.
on 8 October 2014
what a brilliant story from lost love to hostility from a new town folk family problems to the main characters dogs that bring two lonely couples mother and son who find love again from there new neighbors girl and her eccentric grandad explosive storyline can't wait to read next book
on 4 November 2014
I love books about dogs ,and I love books about doctors , stick a little bit about love in the middle that gives me my favourite book ,this is it
on 4 October 2014
A lovely , easy to read story about love and families. Just what I needed to relax on a Saturda
on 2 November 2014
very easy to get into, enjoyed very much. It has started me on the other Second Chance books,
on 25 March 2015
LOVELY HAPPY STORY ,TOOK ME TO ANOTHER NICE PLACE .WELL WRITTEN
on 26 May 2015
a charming story full of laughter with a delightful family
on 10 October 2014
An easy read; predictable storyline.