- Paperback: 424 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons (30 Jun. 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0764503537
- ISBN-13: 978-0764503535
- Product Dimensions: 18.9 x 2.5 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,263,499 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Lotus SmartSuite Millennium For Dummies Paperback – 30 Jun 1998
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
From the Back Cover
Ten Great Tips and Shortcuts Inside!
Get the Most Out of Word Pro, FastSite, 1–2–3, Approach, Freelance Graphics, and Organizer! Streamline your workday using this fully integrated suite of powerful work tools. With clear explanations and tons of time–saving tips, Lotus® SmartSuite® Millennium Edition For Dummies® shows you how to create outstanding memos, reports, and spreadsheets, unique multimedia presentations, and even eye–popping Web pages in no time!
Inside, find helpful advice on how to:
- Get an overview of each program in the respective "Boot Camp" chapters
- Use the new FastSite program to build and publish an entire Web site
- Dictate memos, letters, and reports straight to your computer using SmartSuite′s new ViaVoice feature
- Flow data into manageable spreadsheets and let 1–2–3 crunch the numbers
- Create, manage, and join complex databases easily with Approach
- Choose from over 100 dazzling Freelance Graphics presentation formats
- Use Organizer to maintain your schedule, store contact data, and keep a "to–do" list
About the Author
About the Authors Michael Meadhra, author and consultant, has contributed to over 24 other titles on topics such as DOS, Windows, and popular applications. Jan Weingarten is a software trainer and consultant in the Pacific Northwest. She has written and coauthored more than 20 books, including titles on Microsoft Office, Lotus 1–2–3, Excel, and WordPerfect.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
"Millennium Edition For Dummies" is about release 9.5, and isn't a bad book for a rank beginner, but I had to buy several other books to really figure out most of what this book promised (like sharing data between the various programs in SmartSuite, which is addressed nowhere in the book but on the front cover, as far as I could tell).
"Smartsuite X" is (presumably) about release 10, which I don't have, so I haven't read this book.
If I do upgrade to release 10, though, I won't bother to buy the "Dummies" book. The QUE book "Using SmartSuite Millennium Edition" was a much better tutorial on 9.5, so I'd sooner buy the release 10 edition of that book instead.
As far as I can tell, anyone who wants to build stand alone applications with Lotus needs to learn Uncle Bill's Visual Basic Script language (VBS), which isn't really addressed in any Lotus book I've seen (Duh!). Might as well learn DBase or FoxBase; you can do a lot more a lot easier.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Exams > European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office > Office Suites